My payment that was marked as payed by Alamy also on the 2nd Dec finally landed in my paypal account at 13:20 (UK time) this afternoon.

Maybe your will be there later today?

Parm

That's encouraging to hear. Still no sign of mine. Sometimes I really miss snail mail.

My November payment, made by Alamy on Dec. 2nd, still hasn't arrived in my PayPal account. Is anyone else experiencing a similar delay?

Yes, I'm still waiting for my $. It's almost 2 weeks...

Last time I got it the 10-th.

Hi John, I'm also waiting for my payment to show up in my PayPal account. I sent an inquiry to Alamy on the 13th, and received a reply explaining that payments are delayed due to the lowering of the threshold.  As of today, I still haven't seen the payment credited to my PayPal account. Cheers, Greg in Calgary

Fine Art America paid me today (Dec.15th), and the funds showed up right away in my PP account. What the heck is going on with Alamy PP payments? It is now two weeks since I received the "Alamy has paid you" e-mail and nothing has been deposited in my PP account. Even snail-mailed cheques/checks used to arrive in less than a week. Very frustrating. I'm starting to think it was worth shelling out the exorbitant $15 service charge to my bank for wire transfer.

Hi John

I too asked this question of MS last week. The response came back that due to the increased number of payouts due to the lower threshold that payments are taking a little longer than usual.

Wouldn't worry about it. It will turn up soon I'm sure :)

Hi John

I too asked this question of MS last week. The response came back that due to the increased number of payouts due to the lower threshold that payments are taking a little longer than usual.

I received the same answer from MS today. As mentioned in my last post, Fine Art America, which also pays thousands of contributors (probably not as many as Alamy does, though), managed to pay me yesterday and the funds showed up in my PP account right away. I'm not worried that the money from Alamy won't eventually show up, rather I'm surprised that PayPal payments  take so long compared to bank transfers and even old-fashioned snail-mail. The fact that I received an e-mail two weeks ago saying that I've been paid and I'm still waiting for the funds to show up suggests to me that there is a problem with Alamy's automated system. No?

Hi John

I received the same answer from MS today. As mentioned in my last post, Fine Art America, which also pays thousands of contributors (probably not as many as Alamy does, though), managed to pay me on time (15th of the month for them) yesterday and the funds showed up in my PP account right away. I'm not worried that the money from Alamy won't eventually show up, rather I'm surprised that PayPal payments  take so long compared to bank transfers and even old-fashioned snail-mail. The fact that I received an e-mail two weeks ago saying that I've been paid and I'm still waiting for the funds to show up suggests to me that there is a problem with Alamy's automated system. No?

Hi John, I'm also waiting for my payment to show up in my PayPal account. I sent an inquiry to Alamy on the 13th, and received a reply explaining that payments are delayed due to the lowering of the threshold.  As of today, I still haven't seen the payment credited to my PayPal account. Cheers, Greg in Calgary

Thanks for update, Greg.

Hopefully, this long delay is a temporary glitch in Alamy's automated system due to the lowering of the payment threshold. I don't want to have to go back to making RBC any richer than they already are.

Archived