Personal Use Again

Like most people I seem to be getting more personal use licences lately.

What I cannot understand is if these are genuine, why are they not paid for. I have a few that are marked as uncleared in my account balance.

Surely if they are uncleared they must be account customers which makes the Personal use licence very suspicious.

• Love 1
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, BobD said:

Like most people I seem to be getting more personal use licences lately.

What I cannot understand is if these are genuine, why are they not paid for. I have a few that are marked as uncleared in my account balance.

Surely if they are uncleared they must be account customers which makes the Personal use licence very suspicious.

Alamy still holds the money for 45 days regardless when credit card payment clears.

23 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Alamy told me a while ago that account customers can and do buy images for personal use.

But from their company account?!

Very suspicious but I know people with their own business that put all sorts of purchases through as company expenses. If they are employees then almost certainly a crooked purchase, but how to tell? Alamy don’t seem to mind, to them a sale is a sale.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sb photos said:

If they are employees then almost certainly a crooked purchase,

How so, and what do you mean by "crooked"? Nothing to do with us.

31 minutes ago, sb photos said:

I know people with their own business that put all sorts of purchases through as company expenses.

We all have our own business and account for expenses. An image licence to promote the business would certainly be deductible.

Edited by spacecadet

32 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

How so, and what do you mean by "crooked"? Nothing to do with us.

We all have our own business and account for expenses. An image licence to promote the business would certainly be deductible.

Would that 'licence to promote the business' be a personal use sale?

Still, as I've said before, IME, many PU sales are higher value than many web use (unlimited or near-unlimited time) sales.

12 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Would that 'licence to promote the business' be a personal use sale?

Still, as I've said before, IME, many PU sales are higher value than many web use (unlimited or near-unlimited time) sales.

No. That's why I said a "licence to promote the business". But it could be one of sb's "all sorts of expenses".

Edited by spacecadet