Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Steve F said:

Hi Anna,

I agree with other Forumites, you don't need a new camera. 20.1MP is more than enough, and it sounds like the inbuilt lens for this model is good too.

 

 

 

 

Hi, Steve

 

I have been doing 90-plus % of my Alamy stock shooting with one of the RX100 20.1MP cameras after giving up on my heavy Nikon DSLRs. I also have a Sony a6000 with that great ultra-wide zoom. My first RX100 was the RX100M3 Anna owns. It worked just fine, although Sony has improved the auto-focus in later models. I use an M5, 6, and 7 now.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I wonder how one could join Alamy in 2022, but joined the forum in 2017¬†ūü§®

 

I hear you, Ognyan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

Anna, you don't need a new camera. You need to learn how to use the camera you have. You need to learn photography -- taking pictures and editing pictures. You seem not to know anything at all about photography.

Hi Sir I was a Photographer few years  back i just moved to YouTube to be a youtuber for two years and i made enough and decided to go back being a photographer again, I made  a sold photos here before, Thanks for your comment but you shouldn't judge people based on my question, I do tryna learn more. The company Put down my photos IDK why maybe for not being active. and I am starting over again. By the way I passed my QC for the fist photos I uploaded thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

I wonder how one could join Alamy in 2022, but joined the forum in 2017¬†ūü§®

I am a photographer here since 2016 or 2017 i stopped working they closed down my account i lost my photos  maybe because I wasn't active for over 2 years, I work on YouTube easily but my time as YouTuber has ended so i am going back here and i have no plan to leave my work as photographer no more 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

Hi, Steve

 

I have been doing 90-plus % of my Alamy stock shooting with one of the RX100 20.1MP cameras after giving up on my heavy Nikon DSLRs. I also have a Sony a6000 with that great ultra-wide zoom. My first RX100 was the RX100M3 Anna owns. It worked just fine, although Sony has improved the auto-focus in later models. I use an M5, 6, and 7 now.

 

I am planning to upgrade to maybe in a few years i just need to work on my current Camera, I think, I know how to work on the finder button,I just figure out how

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, anna182016 said:

I am planning to upgrade to maybe in a few years i just need to work on my current Camera, I think, I know how to work on the finder button,I just figure out how

Ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/06/2022 at 22:26, Bryan said:

I take the view that any equipment bought has to pay for itself, and, with the present Alamy contract and situation in the market, you have to sell many images to cover your costs. Think carefully before splashing the cash.

 

I use a secondhand Sony RX100V and a Sony a6500 with a collection of old film camera lenses. The a6500 produces more reliable images than the RX, but, to date, I've not had a QC failure with either camera (famous last words etc). In order to achieve this I've had to reject photos from both cameras, painful when the one shot you particularly like is not satisfactory. 

 

Even at low ISO the RX has a tendency to produce noise in deep blue skies. Sometimes it is possible to control this by selecting the sky and applying noise reduction but occasionally I've had to accept that the result is not acceptable. 

 

As others have said, shoot raw, not JPG, and carefully post process, inspecting every shot at 100% pixels. I use old copies of Lightroom and Photoshop - bought when you could purchase the software outright rather than get involved in monthly payments, but there are cheaper alternatives. This brings me back to my first point, there is no sense in spending money unless there is the prospect of a decent return. When I first started in this game I used the free software that came with the camera - in my case a Canon, you should perhaps first get to grips with the free Sony post processing offering.

Thank you so much 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

 

The Z9 body costs a mere $7000 here in Canada. I'm sure it's an amazing camera, but I think I'll have to pass. I agree, finding subjects that Alamy customers need is the most important thing (assuming one wants to make a little money at this). Getting through QC is actually quite easy once you get the hang of it. Images don't have to be "pro grade," whatever that means. ūüôĄ

HAHA oh WOW to way expensive I cannot afford this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, sb photos said:

 

Some people will answer "what is the best camera in 2022?" as the camera you have on you. In reality and giving plenty of thought to this depends upon what Anna plans to shoot, what her budget is and so on. There is no set answer, it depends upon your requirements. As I too own an RX100 along with other cameras, I know they are capable of producing good images that can pass Alamy's QC as long as the photographer works around the limitations of its 1" sensor. To get the best out of an RX100 shoot in raw and keep the iso as low as practicable so that your shutter speed is sufficient or your aperture gives you the required depth of field. Shooting in auto will not guarantee this. I prefer aperture priority or manual. Auto and shooting jpeg's will not give consistently good results to pass QC. C1 Express for Sony is free and should edit images to Alamy's standard. Hoping you learn and do well.

Thank you so much for your good advice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, anna182016 said:

Hi Sir I was a Photographer few years  back i just moved to YouTube to be a youtuber for two years and i made enough and decided to go back being a photographer again, I made  a sold photos here before, Thanks for your comment but you shouldn't judge people based on my question, I do tryna learn more. The company Put down my photos IDK why maybe for not being active. and I am starting over again. By the way I passed my QC for the fist photos I uploaded thank you 

 

Congratulations Anna.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/06/2022 at 14:11, anna182016 said:

I am a photographer here since 2016 or 2017 i stopped working they closed down my account i lost my photos  maybe because I wasn't active for over 2 years, I work on YouTube easily but my time as YouTuber has ended so i am going back here and i have no plan to leave my work as photographer no more 

Just had a quick look at your submitted photos. No need to put the date in the caption since it's not relevant unless you are uploading to Live News, and it uses up valuable characters. The date of the photo exists in the data elsewhere. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/06/2022 at 06:29, Sally said:

Just had a quick look at your submitted photos. No need to put the date in the caption since it's not relevant unless you are uploading to Live News, and it uses up valuable characters. The date of the photo exists in the data elsewhere. 

oh ok i thought that if editorial you put date and location on the caption thanks for the advice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, anna182016 said:

oh ok i thought that if editorial you put date and location on the caption thanks for the advice

 

 

i would only put it if highly relevant to the image itself.  And i often add it at the end of the caption, so if my caption is over 150 characters that's what gets cut off, not the description (and it still appears in "other information" if clients are interested....  )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.