Upload size issue

Alex Ramsay

Question

I'm sure this has been asked all too often, but have Alamy recently changed their max file size? I'm abroad, with a none too fast connection, and up to around 25mb or so will eventually upload but anything of 30mb or more just won't. My D850 pics can't be used for Alamy unless I reduce the size considerably, which rather defeats the point of using this camera.

Alex

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

I'm sure this has been asked all too often, but have Alamy recently changed their max file size? I'm abroad, with a none too fast connection, and up to around 25mb or so will eventually upload but anything of 30mb or more just won't. My D850 pics can't be used for Alamy unless I reduce the size considerably, which rather defeats the point of using this camera.

Alex

If you're using Firefox, it's a bug. Or a feature. But the limit seems to be 25Mb.

Try Chrome so far there's no limit.

If anybody knows the setting in the Firefox config to remedy this, I would be grateful.

wim

19 hours ago, wiskerke said:

If you're using Firefox, it's a bug. Or a feature. But the limit seems to be 25Mb.

If anybody knows the setting in the Firefox config to remedy this, I would be grateful.

wim

Thanks - yes, I do normally use Firefox, but at the moment I'm having to use Safari, which very occasionally allows me to upload a 30mb + file

Alex

Edited by Alex Ramsay
clarification

On 31/05/2022 at 08:26, wiskerke said:

wim

I've been using BRAVE for a couple of years, most of that time with Alamy's uploader, and no size problems.  The last 'update' of Filezilla caused a problem (details of which I don't remember) and I had to abandon it.  Uninstall and reinstall didn't work.   I'm happy enough with Alamy's uploader.  Slow to be sure, but I just go on with other tasks and let it take its time.