Affinity 50% deal

For anyone interested Affinity have a 50% off deal.

I don't use it. I know little about it. 

But I've seen it recommended on here by various people so if you're interested here's the link:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/?fbclid=IwAR1fF2x9C-Xb9aATqh0CXViZN2lHDLSbIJF5K7seHQcs0r-LHHgGqtY6CKg

Phil

May be worth getting as a replacement for LRC subscription when I find I cannot afford the £120 a year subscription.🤔

On the other hand maybe Adobe will let me have a one off purchase price for LRC. NOT.🤨

Allan

I bought Affinity Photo during their last 50% off sale. It cost me under $30 CAN at the time, a real bargain for what you get.

P.S. I find that it's not good for RAW conversion (I use Capture One Express for Sony for that) but very good for just about everything else that I do.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

Affinity is not a replacement for Lightroom and does not want to be.
Affinity is an excellent and sometimes better replacement for Photoshop. I switched from Photoshop to Affinity two years ago and have not regretted it for a second. 
An excellent tool for editing (only basic RAW development) with all the features you need and some more.
Without subscription and at a reasonable price. 

• Love 1

I still have Affinity from when John Mitchell kindly suggested it when I was having trouble with my Adobe CC account. I liked it, but went back to using Lrc and Ps, since I was more familiar with them. I think ACC is inexpensive considering what we get . . . and we can discontinue the account whenever we want.

One thing to be careful with when cancelling Ps/LRC subscription it is date related.

In my case I first subscribed on 20th June and if I want to cancel the subscription this year I need to action it BEFORE 20th June this year.  If I wait and cancel the subscription AFTER 20th June Adobe would charge me £120 to cancel because I had started a new year of subscriptions in their eyes.

Allan

• Thanks 1

Liking to keep things simple, I find that I can do most of my post-processing in Capture One Express for Sony. Consequently, I could easily get by with it alone. I use Affinity Photo for any additional tweaking that I might like to do. I probably use less than10% of the tools available in Affinity. Processing software programs in general give me a headache. 🤕

P.S. I'm also cheap. 🙃

2 hours ago, Normspics said:

The only thing that I don't like about Affinity you can't enter keywords or descriptions

It wasn't possible to begin with but you can now, there is a metadata tab. Nowhere near as sophisticated as Lightroom or Bridge etc. but it is at least possible, certainly captions & keywords for Alamy, plus some other fields.