Miss the old Friday's!

Well you can all pick on me tonight if I have got  """ZOOMS BY ALAMY CODE """  thread wrong.....I feel so Dum . :wacko: . saying I had 1000s views when I just might be looking at the wrong page..  :unsure:

You want "My Alamy>your images" then set the dates.

Well you can all pick on me tonight if I have got  """ZOOMS BY ALAMY CODE """  thread wrong.....I feel so Dum . :wacko: . saying I had 1000s views when I just might be looking at the wrong page..  :unsure:

You want "My Alamy>your images" then set the dates.

...then look at 'Total Views for you' in the grey box below.

IS  this what i should be looking at....... lets hope I have got it right in the end.

Total Views for Barbara Luke:56Total Zooms for Barbara Luke   :0Average CTR for Barbara Luke:0.00Total CTR for Barbara Luke:0.00   ))))

I WAS   looking at the wrong part of the page  as something that looks like a spread sheet..like this BELOW which gives me and I suppose everyone 1000s of views... 

search term         your views      sessions       your zooms     your sales      your CTR       total views     total zooms       total CTR%     

Sorry ​ I am such a DORK and that's putting it mildly.. :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko: 

No I have not had any zooms have I ... Have to get my finger out and work harder,, 

IS  this what i should be looking at....... lets hope I have got it right in the end.

Total Views for Barbara Luke:56Total Zooms for Barbara Luke   :0Average CTR for Barbara Luke:0.00Total CTR for Barbara Luke:0.00   ))))

Yup, that's it! - 56 views for whatever time period you were looking at.

I had to post it on both threads .. sorry... hope you all understand ... I am always being told to read things properly... I only read instructions on new goods when they don't work... :unsure:  :wacko:

Now I have got it... from the 1st dec. to 5th dec got 20 views  and NO zooms.. ... that sounds more like it doesn't it...

56 is quite low and some of your keywording needs work, e.g. type of aircraft, species of tree including Linnaean name, location, that sort of thing. I'm not nea good example of sales success but most of mine have come from pretty specific searches.

DJF462. Where is that? I'm pretty sure it's not some blokes on a building site in Dagenham.

DJF4RN. Which national park?

DJF4TE. Is that magnolia glauca or acuminata?

You get the idea.

Cheers  "Spacecadet"   I know I am no too good with keywords ... but I am learning .. "the hard way"   ;) ... I have been going through my images trying to upgrade the wording... 

thank you all for the help... much obliged ..

Barbara 

Cheers  "Spacecadet"   I know I am no too good with keywords ... but I am learning .. "the hard way"   ;) ... I have been going through my images trying to upgrade the wording... 

thank you all for the help... much obliged ..

Barbara 

Do it now while you only have a few hundred. It's a right pain when you have 4000.

Well, actually, it's not. I don't do it.

Better right first time.

Well, Colin, if your nostalgia for the good ol' days gets too strong, perhaps it will help to remember the presence of polio and absence of penicillin back then...

I know I am no too good with keywords

Some thoughts, having looked at your pix...

Maybe think of the caption as a complete sentence, rather than a collection of keywords

For example, my caption for Eric Morecambe would be something like ‘Statue of Eric Morecambe on promenade, Morecambe, Lancashire, England UK’

The ‘seagull’ looks like a Herring Gull...

‘Gardner’ should be ‘gardener’

‘Easy Jet’ should be ‘Easyjet’

‘Morecambebay’ should be ‘Morecambe Bay’

Your Welsh mountains need names (from OS map)

Girl on sofa, with dog... you include ‘no book’ in caption... :P

Your keywords are the keys that either lock your pictures away from sight or open them up to buyers. Someone looking for a ‘gardener’ will never see your ‘gardner’ pix. Of course, you may be going for the dyslexic market.

Just my two-pennorth. Not saying I'm right and you're wrong... just things to think about... :)

LOL... Now I am getting caught out.. :) . My spelling is not good either... Cheers john.. you are all so KIND ...I am learning from the masters, now may be one day I just might get a sale...  ...  :)

Cheers guys... 

""Of course, you may be going for the dyslexic market"""".   :P   you never know   John... there just might be some dyslexic buyers... I am making it easy for them.. :D 

Almost done my homework.. one more to go then school is out.. many thanks... 

Maybe think of the caption as a complete sentence, rather than a collection of keywords

For example, my caption for Eric Morecambe would be something like ‘Statue of Eric Morecambe on promenade, Morecambe, Lancashire, England UK’

Your keywords are the keys that either lock your pictures away from sight or open them up to buyers. Someone looking for a ‘gardener’ will never see your ‘gardner’ pix. Of course, you may be going for the dyslexic market.

Just my two-pennorth. Not saying I'm right and you're wrong... just things to think about... :)

Hey - don't knock the dyslexic market!  Don't want to say too much, but I'm convinced that one of my recent sales was partly as a result of a buyer not knowing how to spell a certain (commonly misspelled) word.

Hey - don't knock the dyslexic market!  Don't want to say too much, but I'm convinced that one of my recent sales was partly as a result of a buyer not knowing how to spell a certain (commonly misspelled) word.

I spell pen-y-gent (Welsh-sounding Yorkshire hill) about ten different ways in the keywords... :unsure:

Archived