How Do I Upload a Photo in a Forum Question?

ek13_photos

Question

13 answers to this question

It needs to be an image in Alamy or hosted on a website where a direct link to the image can be shared (doesn't work for e.g. Facebook). In Firefox and on the Alamy wesbite, click on the image that you want so that it's full size. Then hold 'shift' and right click on the image. Left click on 'image link'.

Then in your Forum post, click on 'insert image from URL'. Paste the link. Hey presto.

5 minutes ago, Steve F said:

It needs to be an image in Alamy or hosted on a website where a direct link to the image can be shared (doesn't work for e.g. Facebook). In Firefox and on the Alamy wesbite, click on the image that you want so that it's full size. Then hold 'shift' and right click on the image. Left click on 'image link'.

Then in your Forum post, click on 'insert image from URL'. Paste the link. Hey presto.

Hi Steve,

Tried that and it is not working. I have even tried sharing to Twitter to get the link of the image then 'insert image from URL' and that doesn't work either. 

4 minutes ago, ek13_photos said:

Hi Steve,

Tried that and it is not working. I have even tried sharing to Twitter to get the link of the image then 'insert image from URL' and that doesn't work either. 

I'm not sure you can get direct links to an image from Facebook or Twitter

Try, for example: https://imgbb.com/

Edited by Steve F

1 minute ago, Steve F said:

I'm not sure you can get direct links to an image from Facebook or Twitter

If you use the share to Twitter at the bottom of an image, a URL is generated and that is what I pick to put in the 'insert image from URL"

1 minute ago, ek13_photos said:

If you use the share to Twitter at the bottom of an image, a URL is generated and that is what I pick to put in the 'insert image from URL"

Yes, but does that share to the image on it's own, or to the image embedded within a Twitter web page?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Yes, but does that share to the image on it's own, or to the image embedded within a Twitter web page?

It shares to the image on its own. So I am at a loss as to why the URL of the image does not work. Hence my question.

I'm on Safari and I go to the image in the Image Manager. I enlarge it and right-click or control click. That gives me the menu to copy image address. When I have that I go to the forum and "insert image from URL". That takes me to a page to copy the URL.

Paulette

The only method that works for me is the old click and drag in the Chrome web browser. Open up a new window and find your image (large or small) on Alamy. Then click on it and drag it into this chat box. Good luck!

Safari, on my iPad, I do as Paulette says by finding the image in Image Manager. I enlarge it, hold my finger on the image and “copy” is an option. I copy it, then go to my post and use “insert image from URL.” I’m not sure how this works because I’m copying the image then using URL option, but it works. Just did exactly that for this image.

2H4TE6J.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue