What do I need to know to upload video content. Format, length etc. ?

Dee Adams

Question

8 answers to this question

Before you ask for advice,

I recommend going through the forum.

Everything has already been said here, it just wants to look for it a bit.

Alamy does not allow video uploading,

Use via the Pond5

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 10:15, Radim said:

Before you ask for advice,

I recommend going through the forum.

Everything has already been said here, it just wants to look for it a bit.

Alamy does not allow video uploading,

Use via the Pond5

But bear in mind that the link between Pond5 and Alamy is not automatic. Contributors have no control over which, if any, of their Pond5 clips may appear at Alamy and there have been no new clips appear on Alamy since the initial rollout on June 30th 2021 and a modest influx of new clips in August. New contributors have missed the initial boat and there is no news of any future sailings....

• Like 1

On 15/11/2021 at 02:58, Joseph Clemson said:

But bear in mind that the link between Pond5 and Alamy is not automatic. Contributors have no control over which, if any, of their Pond5 clips may appear at Alamy and there have been no new clips appear on Alamy since the initial rollout on June 30th 2021 and a modest influx of new clips in August. New contributors have missed the initial boat and there is no news of any future sailings....

I get the feeling that Alamy is testing the waters, so to speak, when it comes to video. They chose a good outfit to "collaborate" with, but it's tough to see where things will go from here. The video world is getting almost as saturated as the "stills" one for a lot of subjects, at least that's my impression, plus prices for clips are now all over the place. Sounds a bit familiar.

Pond5 - I recently joined.

I was surprised, I don't know why, that they took my iPhone X videos. I've only recently started shooting clips with my 6D, but I have lots of clips on my iPhone. 

Edited by kimba