Hello everyone,

I am a member for 2 months. I have 1700 works. 1000 people have looked at my works. I have not had any sales for 2 months, is this normal?

I wonder if I am doing something wrong, can you give an idea or suggestion?

Edited by sanalrenk

Firstly many licences don't show for three months or more after use, so to start with you can't be sure that you haven't had a sale. Secondly, you'll need to be far more patient with stock. Add many thousands of images and wait many years before you can get a clearer picture of where you are in the game.

2 hours ago, sanalrenk said:

Hello everyone,

I am a member for 2 months. I have 1700 works. 1000 people have looked at my works. I have not had any sales for 2 months, is this normal?

I wonder if I am doing something wrong, can you give an idea or suggestion?

I’ll be gentle here. Your images, just looking at your first page, are microstock-type images. They usually don’t do that well here. Look at the threads, and under the posters avatar where it says Images xxxxx, click on that. Look at the type of images people are taking. Also, look at the “Images Sold” thread.  
Alamy is mainly an editorial agency. Add images in that vein. 
Another note….if your same images are also on microstock, buyers will just find them there, not here, for the most part. From the few people I’ve spoken with in the past who actually bought images for their company, they go straight to microstock for the kind of images you have.

To do decently here, you need a lot more images, and those images need to be of the type that draws buyers to Alamy. And don’t have too many similars. Pick the best 3 of a subject, like a zoomed out image with copyspace, a closer up one, and one that’s vertical to go with two horizontals, or visa versa. 10 or more images that basically are the same image won’t help you. You’ve done a pretty good job of that with color differences, but they are still low-demand images for Alamy.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

Hello, first of all, thank you for your answers.

I am new to this stuff, just starting one year ago, i know that for more sales, there should be different visuals and I do my best for this.

I have identical images of the same type and the same number on another site. Only this month, in October, +100 sales were made, I'm just wondering because I haven't had any sales here yet.

Edited by sanalrenk

16 minutes ago, sanalrenk said:

Hello, first of all, thank you for your answers.

I am new to this stuff, just starting one year ago, i know that for more sales, there should be different visuals and I do my best for this.

I have identical images of the same type and the same number on another site. Only this month, in October, +100 sales were made, I'm just wondering because I haven't had any sales here yet.

Please consider microstock is a 50 meter dash, Alamy is a long marathon. You will not get many downloads of an image here. On a good month, with 6691 images, I will have 7 sales. On a bad month, I will have 1 sale, like I did in October. The fluctuations can be extreme. After I joined, it took months before I got my first sale. Back then, I shot a lot of birds, butterflies and flowers, which has a lot of competition from really good photographers. Once I started shooting the more editorial type images, my sales picked up.

It can be rather daunting to figure out what is best to shoot.

• Love 2

9 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Please consider microstock is a 50 meter dash, Alamy is a long marathon. You will not get many downloads of an image here. On a good month, with 6691 images, I will have 7 sales. On a bad month, I will have 1 sale, like I did in October. The fluctuations can be extreme. After I joined, it took months before I got my first sale. Back then, I shot a lot of birds, butterflies and flowers, which has a lot of competition from really good photographers. Once I started shooting the more editorial type images, my sales picked up.

It can be rather daunting to figure out what is best to shoot.

Yes, maybe...

Thank you for sharing your experiences, I guess I have no choice but to wait and upload new and different works.

Good luck everyone

1 hour ago, sanalrenk said:

Yes, maybe...

Thank you for sharing your experiences, I guess I have no choice but to wait and upload new and different works.

Good luck everyone

as Betty suggested i would research what Alamy client's look for before uploaded more of the same.  There is plenty of information around.

In spite of what you may read in other places, Alamy is not just another microstock agency. Take notice of the good advice given above as a starting point. 

I would add that if you are going to prosper at Alamy you will need to be much more accurate and concise with you captions and keywords. To take one example at random: 2GRMP22.

New caption: Brick wall with horizontal diminishing perspective.  (there is no asphalt, marble or stone in the image).

Most of the  keywords you have used are not relevant and should be deleted. You could legitimately use: architecture, block shape, brick, red brick, brick wall, building exterior, close up, material, nobody.  

It looks like you have used an automated keyword generator - these usually just produce loads of irrelevant, spam keywords. At Alamy, spam produces false search results and so your images are increasingly relegated to the back of the search and you will make fewer sales. Use your own knowledge and research to caption and keyword your images and be selective about what you upload. Get your workflow right from the beginning in order to generate later success.

Go through all your images and, if you feel they may sell at Alamy and are worth retaining, keyword and caption them concisely and accurately.

Edited by Joseph Clemson
Edited for clarity
  • Like 2

First of all, I like your images.  They will sell.  More at MS sites, but you will have sales here. IF you up your game on captioning and keywording.

I did as Joseph did.  I picked one image at random: 2GR0G48

Some appealing fresh fish.  What kind?  Find out and add both common and Latin names.  Adding keywords like shrimp, crab, oyster, octopus, lobster, restaurant....  will kill your sales.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Reimar said:

First of all, I like your images.  They will sell.  More at MS sites, but you will have sales here. IF you up your game on captioning and keywording.

I did as Joseph did.  I picked one image at random: 2GR0G48

Some appealing fresh fish.  What kind?  Find out and add both common and Latin names.  Adding keywords like shrimp, crab, oyster, octopus, lobster, restaurant....  will kill your sales.

Thanks for the extra tip, i will do it.

• Love 1

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/captions-and-keywords-for-images/?section=8

"Before you start, think about the potential use of the image and what it’s likely to be sold for, the more accurately you describe your image, the more visibility it will have in customer searches, which will significantly increase your chance of making a sale."

https://www.alamy.com/blog/captions-and-tags

• Love 1