What are lightboxes?

ShooterJim

Question

8 answers to this question

4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Whats a portfolio?😉

Allan

As a point of reference for those who started in photography during the digital age, a lightbox was something that photographers and graphic artists used to sort through and look at many transparency film images at a time, at a glance,  or one at a time through a loupe.  I still have my lightbox and loupe that I used for many years

something like this:

Logan Electric 8 x 10" Desk Top Light Box #810 with One 5000K (Color-corrected) Lamp

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

As a point of reference for those who started in photography during the digital age, a lightbox was something that photographers and graphic artists used to sort through and look at many transparency film images at a time, at a glance,  or one at a time through a loupe.  I still have my lightbox and loupe that I used for many years

something like this:

Logan Electric 8 x 10" Desk Top Light Box #810 with One 5000K (Color-corrected) Lamp

Only 25,459 images on Alamy with that keyword. 😂

Mostly images of the new type of lightbox btw, the ones with a message. Usually something like the best dad ever. (Only 2,169.)

wim

Hi ShooterJim, Don't be offended or put off by some of the posts above, it is just some of us older or long term contributors messing about. I think your question has been answered though.

If not come back with more.

Allan

On 08/09/2021 at 18:28, Michael Ventura said:

something like this:

I remember making one of these for our younger son who was studying architecture. Using incandescent bulbs it was nothing like as good as that in the photo above, but it served a purpose. These days he's using a virtual reality headset to demonstrate concepts to clients, things move on.