John Richmond

Betty LaRue

John, I miss seeing you. Yet I have realized what a burden, we, the forum, put on you. If we couldn’t identify a plant, well…let’s just ask John, he’ll know. We thought because of your background, you could glance at a plant and tell us what it was off the top of your head. SNAP!

The post your made some time back made me realize that wasn’t so. Many times you had to put in a lot of time hunting up the plants/flowers.  Nobody can have all the right answers stuffed into their head, no matter one’s background.

I’m happy to know that burden is off of you. Life is easier, isn’t it?

I’m sorry for any time I named you, expecting you to have the magical answer. And a heartfelt thank you for doing it, without complaint,  burden that it was. I know how much time I have spent on trying to ID, and it’s not fun.

Best wishes. You have a servant’s heart.

Betty

• Love 2
  • Like 3

John has come to my rescue many times with plant identification, which I seem to be fairly hopeless at. His expertise and helpful presence are missed, but I certainly understand why he decided to turn over a new leaf, so to speak.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2

42 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Thanks for those kind words Betty, John and Paulette.  I'm still happy to have a go at plant IDs - just not on the Alamy forum.  While I still log in I've decided to only comment to offer thanks for images found or, as here, to posts such as your own.  Alamy/PA policies have left a sour taste in my mouth (as well as a hole in my bank balance) and I've no great wish to provide free help.  If you need me I can be contacted at johnrichmond100<at>gmail.com.

I can understand that. I made a similar pronouncement myself for the same reasons. For the most part, I’ve stuck to my guns, but admit I broke down a couple of times and helped with a question recently. I’m incorrigible. I’m trying to stiffen my resolve.

• Like 1

Hi John, I would like to add my thanks to the others for your help in the past.

Hope you won't mind if I put your email address in my contacts. Not just for future help but also as a friend.

Allan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Hi John, I would like to add my thanks to the others for your help in the past.

Hope you won't mind if I put your email address in my contacts. Not just for future help but also as a friend.

Allan

More than happy, Allan.  My thanks.

• Thanks 1

On 21/08/2021 at 15:32, John Richmond said:

Thanks for those kind words Betty, John and Paulette.  I'm still happy to have a go at plant IDs - just not on the Alamy forum.  While I still log in I've decided to only comment to offer thanks for images found or, as here, to posts such as your own.  Alamy/PA policies have left a sour taste in my mouth (as well as a hole in my bank balance) and I've no great wish to provide free help.  If you need me I can be contacted at johnrichmond100<at>gmail.com.

I also wanted to say thanks for all your help John. And as a garden person, I like to browse your pics on occasion because there's always something interesting I may want to have in my garden (like those purple pea pods!).

• Love 1

10 hours ago, MariaJ said:

I also wanted to say thanks for all your help John. And as a garden person, I like to browse your pics on occasion because there's always something interesting I may want to have in my garden (like those purple pea pods!).

Thanks Maria.  My garden has been a life saver over the last 18 months, both as a source of images and in keeping me sane(ish).  But, as with any garden, it's never finished so there is still more work to do.  

John

PS.  Don't bother with the Shiraz purple podded peas.  They're mangetout peas and aren't that good for that use and when they fill they're mealy.  First and last year trying them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Thanks Maria.  My garden has been a life saver over the last 18 months, both as a source of images and in keeping me sane(ish).  But, as with any garden, it's never finished so there is still more work to do.  

John

PS.  Don't bother with the Shiraz purple podded peas.  They're mangetout peas and aren't that good for that use and when they fill they're mealy.  First and last year trying them.

Thanks for the info on the peas. I had to look up what mangetout peas were - we just call them snow peas.  Good to know another name for them because I'm growing some for the Fall now (green, not purple).