tags

Stephen quinn

Question

11 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

do photos buyers want to discover, All of Alamy is always a good source of what was searched, including those with low number of hits. 

what do mean by that? look at similar photos and use tags that come up?

1 hour ago, Stephen quinn said:

what do mean by that? look at similar photos and use tags that come up?

All of Alamy, you can access for your Dashboard under "Alamy measure" is a list of all searches by registered buyers for a time period, so you can see what people where look for and what they used in search.  So if you want to really increase your discoverality, ie. Buyers discovering your images, this is a good source, much more that a quantitative indicator based on how many random marginal Keywords you added.

For example, you would discover that Mallard has been searched in total 16 times in last month, a third  of said search having nothing to do with the ducks. Considering there is 800 pages of Mallard, not much you can do to get more discoverability.   

• Like 1

I sure wish that Alamy would fix this discoverability issue in the Image Manager so people, who are rightfully confused, would not need to ask this question that comes up almost on a weekly basis.  Not only do we (mostly Steve F) have to educate people on this problem...but for the ones who don't ask, they are wrongfully encouraged to overpack their keywords (tags) with non relevant words or phrases.  That hurts the contributor and makes it a more difficult job for the buyer to find an accurate image for their needs....possibly sending them to another image source. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I sure wish that Alamy would fix this discoverability issue in the Image Manager so people, who are rightfully confused, would not need to ask this question that comes up almost on a weekly basis.  Not only do we (mostly Steve F) have to educate people on this problem...but for the ones who don't ask, they are wrongfully encouraged to overpack their keywords (tags) with non relevant words or phrases.  That hurts the contributor and makes it a more difficult job for the buyer to find an accurate image for their needs....possibly sending them to another image source. 

and this was not helped by Alamy issuing a "Blog Post" from an employee telling people to do so, with example. (and locking the discussion afterwards) 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

They like their Disco bar, as evidenced by the very badly written blog post referred to above. Maybe if they

a. Had to use it and

b. Had to field these questions weekly instead of us

They might rethink it. But for now its not going anywhere, and, given that we have just had a 20% pay cut, I am not going to spend much time doing Alamy's job and explaining how to use this poor resource.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

, I am not going to spend much time doing Alamy's job

It's happening more and more recently. I see a fairly obvious question from a newbie and nearly reply, then think "nah, Alamy have just grabbed 20% of my income for nothing, why should I save them any more money?"

• Love 2

48 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

This is the way to answer this question!

yes and no.   this is the way,  since Alamy refuses to address the issue.  

to me this is the proper way to answer the question, as all we are doing is putting bandaids on a problem created by Alamy :

18 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

• Love 2