Book Cover Prices/Restrictions

hi all, 

I have been approached for one of my photos to be used as a book cover. It would be exclusive of course and require me to limit the use of any sister images or which there a couple. I have never sold a book cover before, and the price seems appropriate $$$$, but would you have any hesitation given the restrictions now placed on images of the same subject, but that are entirely different?

Thanks.

I would only allow a restriction for the specific purpose (book cover) and for similars as we call them- taken at the same time from the same or a very similar angle, and I would want the duration limited to the life of the edition. I wouldn't want the entire subject limited- it's obviously popular- but it depends on the return you might expect for those images elsewhere.

Mandy... these 'offers' come around now and again... though few of them (in my experience, at least) culminate in a sale.

Personally, I would sell my grandmother for a $$$$ sale. So it would be no privation to limit the availability of the same pic - or similars - for a year or two.

I hope you are successful, while being prepared for disappointment... 😎

• Like 2

I had same request some months ago; I agreed to the restiction hoping to get a good sale, eventually. As others reported, the sale never finalized and I didnt hear again from Alamy about it (that disappointed me a little, frankly). I wish you more luck than I had ;-).

from the above i would state the the exclusivity will only start up sale appearing in your sales report, since you don't really want to on hold until they,

being cheeky i would also add that the restriction will be reduced by 20% if sale is reported after July 24th- (or price increases by 25% after that date) 😉

• Love 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Mandy... these 'offers' come around now and again... though few of them (in my experience, at least) culminate in a sale.

Personally, I would sell my grandmother for a $$$$ sale. So it would be no privation to limit the availability of the same pic - or similars - for a year or two.

I hope you are successful, while being prepared for disappointment... 😎

I never count on anything until it is complete and I am paid...this I have learnt. ☺️

• Love 1

Thanks everyone. All very helpful. Think I know how I am going to approach this, and then we will see what happens!

• Like 1