Do You Capture What You Eat?

I do, and maybe too often. I've been snapping away at my scrambled eggs recently, and I think I've finally done  the perfect scrambled eggs photo. Ouch! I hurt my arm trying to pat myself on the back. You judge. This is scrambled eggs with ham. I did that eggs along this morning. It's not on Alamy yet. 

scrambled-eggs-with-ham-and-a-toasted-ho

Do you think it would be a good idea to delete all the less-perfect captures?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Hey Ed,

You must be getting good at certain dishes! :) If you've got any similars, I'd delete them yes. But you've got a knife and fork in another shot and a coffee in another, so I'd keep those. Interesting to see how simple you're keeping it - I think that's key for successful food shots. I'm getting to the point where I wonder if I should spend some money on some simple plain stuff just to do food shots!!

Steve

Do you capture what you eat?

No I buy it at food outlets.

I'll get me coat.

Allan

Actually to be serious I do take photos of what I am about to eat but not often as I only think of it when I am halfway through eating it. I don't think any buyer would want an image of a half eaten dish of food however good it may be.  As an aside I don't remember ever selling one of my food images.

ITMA

Actually Edo has awakened a dish I used to have some time ago. Must try it again.

Smoked salmon slices and scrambled egg.

Quick, simple and nutritious.  Nothing fattening.

Allan

That's very popular in New York, Allan . . . with a bagel.

Steve, I did a general search on Alamy for 'scrambled eggs ham' and found 7 of mine on the first two pages. So I don't think I'll delete any. None are true similars, since each was snapped on a different morning. 

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do a lot of snapping at my food - but only if it's plated ok. Although sometimes sloppy is good too. I also take photos while I'm chopping, stirring, and cooking or baking. I also like kitchen still lifes.