I have nearly 800 photos and just 5 zooms? Please help :)

gumenjak

Ina addition to what has been pointed out by David, I think there are also a number of images that have no real subject focus, or where the subject captured is rather un-important or not well presented:

2AW5R3Y
2BFB9KR
2C4R442  
2AXPKB9

there may be more.... didnt look through all of them

• Like 1

Hello Nikola,

You've got some great shots, very imaginative, and you've obviously spent a lot of time setting them up and editing them. I know that you're probably trying to set yourself apart from the crowd and to do something different - I just think that some of these shots just don't illustrate any particular concept very well. Do you ever see shots like this printed / published anywhere? I can't imagine what concept someone would use these to illustrate, for example, or that the heart bolts would ever be used for a 'love' concept:

White floating banana with pink dripping paint. Black background. Creative food concept - Stock Image

Heart shape made of hex boltsd. Creative love concept - Stock Image

Half red orange on dual tone background. Flat lay. Minimal food concept - Stock Image

It's sad to say, but a lot of concepts are illustrated with certain cliche images and subjects over and over again. I think you're maybe just being too obscure with the subject matter of your pictures. You need to show objects being used in real world situations more. I also think some of the concept shots you are producing would work better as vectors.

Of course, I don't have a huge amount of experience and this is just my opinion. Have you had any joy selling these sorts of shots on any other stock photography platform?

If you haven't already done so, I would also suggest taking a good look at stock photos that sell in books, magazines, newspapers, online articles, websites etc. There are stock images everywhere - see what sells.

Stephen

Edited by Steve F
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

First image I clicked on Image ID: 2C6WYPW had incorrect keywords such as "garden spider," " wasp" and "honey bee" and many other gratuitous spammy keywords when in fact it is a Graphosoma lineatum as you correctly state - but you left out the obvious keyword "shield bug." You also describe it as being on a flower when it is actually on the stem.

Many of your images, while creative, seem more akin to what is likely to sell as microstock, which is why I focused on one that seemed like it had potential. Sloppy and inaccurate keywords will hurt you, as 5 zooms in 3 years on 800 images is a tiny number and will make it nearly impossible for you to see sales.

Review your images, delete inaccurate keywords, add relevant ones,  beef up your descriptions by making them more descriptive and accurate (not spammy) and see how much better you'll be doing 6 months from now. Good luck. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Steve F said:

I can't imagine what concept someone would use these to illustrate, for example, or that the heart bolts would ever be used for a 'love' concept:

Well I can see a concept.

How about 'I'm nuts about you'.

A bit cheesy but I've seen worse

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NYCat said:

Pay attention to the ones that had zooms. That will tell you something about what subjects get attention.

Paulette

Hi Paulette, 

Is there actually a way to check what has been zoomed? That would be very useful but not sure how to do it

11 minutes ago, Martin L said:

Well I can see a concept.

How about 'I'm nuts about you'.

A bit cheesy but I've seen worse

Sure. But a black background is not very sympathetic to the theme and the heart shape is skewed at such an angle that it's not immediately obvious what you're looking at. I just can't see the image ever being used as it is (and maybe that's my lack of imagination!!). Might work better with a lot more nuts 🐿️

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pawel Piotr said:

yes but there is no way to check which image particularly was zoomed, right? 

Hi Pawel,

On 'Alamy measures' click on 'Your images'. Then click on the blue number under 'Your Zooms' in the table. If you want to see details of a customer's search, click on your pseudonym instead.

Steve

Edited by Steve F

5 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Hi Pawel,

On 'Alamy measures' click on 'Your images'. Then click on the blue number under 'Your Zooms' in the table. If you want to see details of a customer's search, click on your pseudonym instead.

Steve

Thank you Steve. 🙂

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pawel Piotr said:

yes but there is no way to check which image particularly was zoomed, right? 

On Dashboard go to Measures, Your Images. The default shows you one month but I usually change it to Yesterday because I check every day. Then click on your pseudonym to show all your activity. One trick is that on the black bar at the top you can click zooms to bring them to the top in that column. You don't have to do that every time. It will stick. Then you can click on the search term on the left for the ones that show as zoomed and you will see which of your images were seen and the zooms will have a blue frame. You can click any of the search terms to see which of your images came up in that search.

Paulette

1 hour ago, John Morrison said:

Hard-hearted??

I know that 'you never know what will sell', but I can't see this particular image being used. Yes you can come up with a concept word for any shot. Yes, I could be proved wrong by it selling tomorrow. I just don't think the lighting, angle and background colour are very well suited to the concept.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, NYCat said:

On Dashboard go to Measures, Your Images. The default shows you one month but I usually change it to Yesterday because I check every day. Then click on your pseudonym to show all your activity. One trick is that on the black bar at the top you can click zooms to bring them to the top in that column. You don't have to do that every time. It will stick. Then you can click on the search term on the left for the ones that show as zoomed and you will see which of your images were seen and the zooms will have a blue frame. You can click any of the search terms to see which of your images came up in that search.

Paulette

Another good answer to my half finished post. 😀

31 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Hi Pawel,

Steve

so helpful, thank you 

• Thanks 1