What kind of license?

Hanna_Fate

Question

Once again, I must ask a dumb question.  I did try to search for the answer, but without success.

When I have a sale, there is the amount they sold it for, and the amount they are charging me for the sale (in two parts!) but I can't figure out how to see WHAT was sold.

Not the image, what kind of license was sold for that image.

How do I look that up?

14 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Hanna_Fate said:

Thank you.  I figured it was something simple I wasn't seeing.

However, I notice some of the sales don't have any detail.  They just say, "royalty free" and "vector"

You won't get any detail on RF sales beyond download size. That's the point of RF, it can be used for any purpose. You only get detail on RM.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hanna_Fate said:

Um, no... RF sales are not all equal.  Some licenses allow broader use than others.  Or has Alamy been cheating me all these years by selling extended licenses and only paying me for limited use?

Originally you did say you weren't seeing any licence details, now you say you are. Which is it?.

Perhaps things have changed, then- I have very few RF images and the only detail beyond size I have ever seen was that it was for personal use. Would you care to share some details of your RF licences?

This

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/understanding-stock-image-licensing/?section=6

says this (my italics)

"RF stands for Royalty Free. Customers pay a one–off fee to use the image with no restrictions on how they use it, or how long they use it for. RF images can be used across multiple projects, forever."

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

This is the most flexible option and the most straight forward. You pay a one–off fee to use the image with no restrictions on how you use image, how many times you use it or how long you use it for. You can use the image across multiple projects, forever. There are some restrictions on image use for * reselling’

maybe not...

That last bit is the important part.

I don't seel so stupid now,

Edited by Hanna_Fate

6 hours ago, Hanna_Fate said:

well hell.  I never intended to be selling my images for people to use on print on demand sites.  I guess I'm leaving Alamy after all.

You can change everything to Rights Managed as long as you don't have any of the same graphcs/photos on other sites as RF.   If you want to sell vector graphics on POD sites, then you can restrict personal use on Alamy.   Alamy can use hybrid licenses if the work is offered RF, and frequently does. 

Edited by MizBrown

16 hours ago, MizBrown said:

You can change everything to Rights Managed as long as you don't have any of the same graphcs/photos on other sites as RF.   If you want to sell vector graphics on POD sites, then you can restrict personal use on Alamy.   Alamy can use hybrid licenses if the work is offered RF, and frequently does. 

I checked.  Alamy's RF license does NOT allow reselling. 

On 11/12/2020 at 08:42, spacecadet said:

"RF stands for Royalty Free. Customers pay a one–off fee to use the image with no restrictions on how they use it, or how long they use it for. RF images can be used across multiple projects, forever."

I've had some licenses that were more restrictive than that, on photos that were RF.   One was for five years; another was one time use; and some differences in others.