Searching for Images.

Aggers

Question

I have resorted to attempting to discover what might be the cause of a long period of No Sales.  Many suggestions on the Forum as to why this is happening, but I thought I would research my own files by assessing my Summary and following the tips regarding number of Views against Zooms/Sales with the suggestions  to amend Tags etc. 

Clicking on a link under Search Term I am directed to a series of images, unfortunately only one image is opened when selected as the remainder disappear.  Amending, deleting or adding tags is possible but only for this one image.  In order to carry out these amendments to the other images, it can only be achieved by repeating the above process for each one. 

The obvious answer is to locate the image under its original upload batch (OL xxx number).  With a large number of uploaded images over the years, the only current way of doing this is by a time consuming trial and error, educated guess or pure luck method.

Unfortunately there is no information available linking an individual image sourced from the above method to its original batch when first uploaded.  If a method was available to relocate this image in its' original batch then any amendments could easily be carried out to all images requiring  a revision or any other changes.    Or quite possibly I am missing something??!!

Any tips on this would be most welcome.

• Love 1

12 answers to this question

Are you referring to search in image manager? If so, you just select multiple images and any amendments will be applied to all of them.

Like this. I've selected 3 images and any amendments will apply to all three.

Screenshot-2020-12-08-Alamy-Image-Manage

Edited by spacecadet

Thanks, Spacecadet but not what I was referring to.  I was searching via Alamy Measures / Your Images / Pseudonym (my name) / Search Item / then one of the links listed.

The link opens all the images noted in the Your Views column.  With the intention to refigure Tags etc, clicking on one image opens but the remainder close.  Thereafter - see my previous.

Pseudonym
Edited by Aggers
Amendment to sender.

2 minutes ago, Aggers said:

Thanks, but not what I was referring to.  I was searching via Alamy Measures / Your Images / Pseudonym (my name) / Search Item / then one of the links listed.

The link opens all the images noted in the Your Views column.  With the intention to refigure Tags etc, clicking on one image opens but the remainder close.  Thereafter - see my previous.

Pseudonym

Yes that is unfortunate. There seem to be a couple of those disconnects in the system. Even for clients.

What clients do, and we also sometimes, is to just copy the Alamy Image ## and paste them somewhere where you want them. In your case into the search box of AIM.

In AIM notice there are 2 tabs. They don't really look like tabs, but they are: Filters and Search.

Click Search and paste the image ## in the box. Put  or  in between them. That is: space or space. Otherwise it will say it cannot find anything. Even and won't work.

I use an empty note or page or document as an intermediate: I paste the numbers in there and let the document add  OR  (not case sensitive). Then paste the whole line into the search box.

A more elegant way would be to do all this via a lightbox. However from where you start, there's no way to add an image to a lightbox anymore.

Oh and if you ever think: I know it must be here on Alamy somewhere, but where the * is it? Just go to google and type something like lightbox site: alamy.com. 😎

wim

54 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Yes that is unfortunate. There seem to be a couple of those disconnects in the system. Even for clients.

What clients do, and we also sometimes, is to just copy the Alamy Image ## and paste them somewhere where you want them. In your case into the search box of AIM.

In AIM notice there are 2 tabs. They don't really look like tabs, but they are: Filters and Search.

Click Search and paste the image ## in the box. Put  or  in between them. That is: space or space. Otherwise it will say it cannot find anything. Even and won't work.

I use an empty note or page or document as an intermediate: I paste the numbers in there and let the document add  OR  (not case sensitive). Then paste the whole line into the search box.

A more elegant way would be to do all this via a lightbox. However from where you start, there's no way to add an image to a lightbox anymore.

Oh and if you ever think: I know it must be here on Alamy somewhere, but where the * is it? Just go to google and type something like lightbox site: alamy.com. 😎

wim

Thanks wim, just followed your instructions and that does work well.  Bit of a chore copying and pasting each image number but it is workable.  Perhaps Alamy might come up with a Tip Note on each image showing its OL number??.  (Pigs in flight come to mind!!). Cheers.

4 hours ago, Aggers said:

Bit of a chore copying and pasting each image number but it is workable

I may be misunderstanding but if you highlight all those images that are displayed when you click on your 'views' number, scoop them up with the mouse as it were, then copy using Cntrl/C, or right-click and copy, then paste this into Notepad on a PC or Textedit on a Mac then you will have captured all the Alamy reference numbers, plus some other layout nonsense, and could edit this into the form that Wim suggests fairly easily. In Textedit you'll have to 'Make plain text' first, in Notepad I think it will have done that for you.

Apologies for another shameless plug for IMatch but this is the sort of situation where a decent DAM database comes into its own.  I enter the Alamy ref. numbers for each image into IMatch, along with the submission ref. and date.  If I need to find the submission batch I just do a quick search in IMatch for the alamy ref. or my own file name and there I have the submission date displayed in the IMatch file window.  Then just jump to AIM and scroll down the left column to find the date.

50696753941_e34fb05e97.jpg

Edited by Vincent Lowe

I make pretty definitive titles for my submissions in AIM.

flowers, pie, storefronts

Butterflies, hawk, Salt Plains

Then if I have a vague idea when I took the batch, like 2018, I just scroll to that year and hope something in the title I created helps.

The OP wanted a trick to do a batch edit on a report of views or zooms or sales in the Pseudonym Summary.

For sales it would be easy: go to Net revenue sales report and either click download or just copy paste a column holding Ctrl/Cmnd.

For your Pseudonym Summary that's a lot less straight forward, but it can be very useful, like for creating a lightbox of all your zooms for the previous year. Something I tend to do between Christmas and Epiphany.  (When I have to take down my Christmas lights. 😂)

Now I'm sure that with some scripting this task would be easier. And because this Pseudonym Summary part of Alamy has stayed remarkably the same over time it would have been the proper thing to do. But because so many other things have changed many times over since I joined, I have never bothered.

wim

edit: Here is the lightbox with my 2017 Zooms. Nice but lacking is the very important information of how many times an image has been zoomed. How many times it has sold, I can get from downloading my Sales report. However I'm a visual person, so I would like all that info in one place with the image.

I would also like to know how many times an image has been viewed while it has never been sold nor zoomed. But that's for when pigs fly I'm afraid. (Which does remind me I have a nice image of that: flying pigs. )

Edited by wiskerke

Yes, no help to the OP if he doesn't use Lightroom but all my Alamy upload batches are saved as Collections within a main 'Alamy Upload' Collection Set in my Lightroom catalogue in a pedantically standard fashion - Upload 1, Upload 2 etc. etc. - and I name them that way up on AIM as well, something you can do retrospectively I think. If you do this then the underlying 'ON' number is still there and can be seen if you click into the name field should you ever need to, not sure why you would though. So that way if I have the original upload filename from AIM I can find the batch easily. Someone using the Alamy Lightroom Bridge plugin would have an even easier time of it I think.

Edited by Harry Harrison

It took a while, but I stumbled onto the answer I was looking for.

To recap, I wanted to locate a searched image (under Zooms/Sales Pseudonym Summary) in the original uploaded batch in order to apply changes to the other images in that batch.  Just by chance, I enlarged the searched thumbnail and hey presto the uploaded date was there along with my file name and the Alamy ID!!

I just had to search for the said date listed in the panel containing all the uploaded batches which are in date order - simples!   

Thanks to all for the useful replies, comments and suggestions.

• Love 1