How long between upload and searchable presence on Alamy?

erniemas

Hello, I've just joined Alamy as a place to upload historic photos of notable people and events from the 70s and 80s. I was a news photographer in northeast Ohio, US, back then. I uploaded a few dozen on Dec. 4, but cannot find them as of today. Is there a delay in the process? Or perhaps that I'm a new contributor the initial uploads need review? My image manager indicates they are indeed for sale, albeit with low discoverability. 

Cheers,

Ernie Mastroianni

Hi Erniemas, 

Welcome to Alamy! I just wanted to add that we normally update our website with new images once every 24 hours. We had scheduled in some important maintenance work to improve our site which meant the release of new images have been delayed over the last few days. It's all updating now and you should be able to see your images on sale shortly. 

All the best, 

Alamy 

• Love 2

23 hours ago, erniemas said:

Hello, I've just joined Alamy as a place to upload historic photos of notable people and events from the 70s and 80s. I was a news photographer in northeast Ohio, US, back then. I uploaded a few dozen on Dec. 4, but cannot find them as of today. Is there a delay in the process? Or perhaps that I'm a new contributor the initial uploads need review? My image manager indicates they are indeed for sale, albeit with low discoverability. 

Cheers,

Ernie Mastroianni

Be sure to select at least a few supertags for each image.

I am finding your images in search. 

Edited by Hanna_Fate
  • Love 1

On 07/12/2020 at 10:39, erniemas said:

Cheers,

Ernie Mastroianni

Ernie,

In my opinion and from my own experience, Alamy is like a really long freight train.  I.E. it is not really good at reacting quickly, but it does keep moving.

During the last couple of months it has seen some "rough track."

I am really jealous of your photo of Ellsberg.

Welcome to Alamy, I remember when they told me to mail a CD to London in 2003 or 4, I just laughed and forgot about Alamy for a year.  I will say that

I'm glad I did not forget about Alamy for too long and I've been very happy contributing for the last 15+ years.

Question, are you working from original film?

Best,

Chuck

• Love 1

On 07/12/2020 at 08:39, erniemas said:

Cheers,

Ernie Mastroianni

Nice work Ernie. It looks like your photos have great historical value and I hope you do well here.

I have been doing something similar with my negatives recently so that's why I took interest in your recent upload.

• Love 1