payout date pushed to next month

MilesbeforeIsleep

Question

HI folks.

In the last week of October, I had  balance in excess of $50US, and my dashboard indicated I'd be paid on Nov. 1st.  On Nov. 1 (or maybe 2), the payout date changed to Dec. 1.  I emailed contributor help, but they just sent me an emailed filled with info.....nothing, of course, related to my question.  

Anyone else seen this? 

Thanks,  Michael

11 answers to this question

Are you sure about your balance, and that you haven't had a refund? What does it say now?

I've had a balance which went over $50 on the last day of the month kick into the next month. The payment dates sometimes bounce around a bit.

Edited by spacecadet

14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Are you sure about your balance, and that you haven't had a refund? What does it say now?

I've had a balance which went over $50 on the last day of the month kick into the next month. The payment dates sometimes bounce around a bit.

Yes.  I'm sure.  Only had one sale in Oct, earlier in the month.   Balance on dashboard shows what it did before the end of Oct.  $60.  No new sales in Nov.  No refunds showing in Oct. or Nov.   

Both the Sales and Balance pages are so slow in loading as to be easily mistaken for not working at all.  Take close to a minute to load.

thx.

37 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

It may still change again, although it's a bit late now.

Which working day of the month do you usually get your payment? Mine is always the fourth.

Not sure.  Can't find emails to tell me.   Usually in my account by 7th-8th.

If the balance was showing as exactly $50, the payment may not have been triggered as the dashboard figure is a rounded up approximation. I've had occasions where I didn't get the payment even though the dashboard showed $50 cleared balance, but the precise amount was $49.75.  As Spacecadet suggests, the other possibility was a refund or a refund and re-sale which temporarily reduced your cleared balance.

If the balance was definitely over $50 before the end of the month and is still over $50 now, I would raise the matter again with contributor relations and ask them for a proper explanation. It is not usual for this to occur, in my experience.

56 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

It is not usual for this to occur, in my experience.

As you have said here before: especially when the end of the month happens on a weekend, the balance tends to bounce around a bit.

wim

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

If the balance was showing as exactly $50, the payment may not have been triggered as the dashboard figure is a rounded up approximation. I've had occasions where I didn't get the payment even though the dashboard showed $50 cleared balance, but the precise amount was $49.75.  As Spacecadet suggests, the other possibility was a refund or a refund and re-sale which temporarily reduced your cleared balance.

If the balance was definitely over $50 before the end of the month and is still over $50 now, I would raise the matter again with contributor relations and ask them for a proper explanation. It is not usual for this to occur, in my experience.

Thanks.  The balance was (and is) $59.68.   I immediately noticed the issue when the payout date changed, which I believe was on the second.   I emailed them yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Is there a better email address than "contributors@alamy.com"?    I sent a second email and it just bounces back the same automatic response I got the first time.

thx.

Edited by MilesbeforeIsleep

18 hours ago, MilesbeforeIsleep said:

Thanks.  The balance was (and is) $59.68.   I immediately noticed the issue when the payout date changed, which I believe was on the second.   I emailed them yesterday. 

well, hopefully by November 30th your October Sale will have also cleared and you will have a bigger payment and not have to wait longer to be over 50$ to get that amount.