Dear Alamy,

I am still waiting on clearance for P8M4E6, sold 20th Feb 2019. Net value $300.

An unremarkable, not particularly good picture, to be honest. One that many press togs took that day, but nevertheless, I'd quite like to be paid for its usage, svp.

Delays in clearance are normal, we all get them and I'm fully aware that client payments are less reliable at the moment. That applies to all segments of photography, I've had portraiture and corporate pic clients who haven't paid for work from spring 2020, too, it happens. But having emailed Alamy customer service twice in June and September, and having each time received the standard 'we're still looking into it'....'Alamy clients are on different deals and term' blurb, I'd quite like to know that someone is indeed looking into it, so posting on this forum seems a last resort. Some of us, as you know, are full time photographers dependent on our measly incomes from the profession, and even if news/stock contributes a small part to that income, it is still important for us to get paid for work we produced and work that was used by a publisher and contributed to that publisher's turnover. Thank you.

• Love 4

Well put.

Repeating standard reponses to an ongoing issue is difficult to accept and doesn't lead to resolution.

Hope it gets paid or you get clarification that it's a bad debt. Either would to my mind be better than being left in the air.

Stay Safe.

🦔

• Love 3

That is certainly a long time. My earliest not cleared image dates from 27/3 2020. Upon closer inspection it's a Personal Use, and it comes back a while later as a refund and even later still as a new license. Weird, because I thought all those were handled by credit card.

Looking through my sales of 2020, I notice a couple more of those. So do make sure it's not one of those refund re-license refund re-license carousel things we had a while back. I certainly had quite a few.

May I suggest mailing Member Services Contributor Desk or whatever it's called nowadays contributors@alamy.com again.

Unless of course it's a calendar or a text book use. Those sometimes have extremely long production times. The calendars, because they can sometimes get scrapped when there's not been enough interest. And the textbooks because some of those production teams are not the quickest in the world.

(Here at home we're witnessing a project dragging on for two and a half years now, with yes most articles have now been accepted! replies at every cautious request for further information. And you wouldn't expect it, but it's German. - Yours does not by chance have anything to do with legal tech, does it? 😁 )

wim

• Love 1

In the past when I've had delays on payment news pictures I've spoken to the news team and they've been pretty good at helping to sort.   At the opposite end of the spectrum I've sold some news videos via other agencies and received money the same day !!

• Love 1

Thanks for the responses, glad I am not the only one. I've had delays in the past and it's usually fine, but this one seems odd. Thanks for the suggestion re. news team, Simon, I might try that. But am aware the news side runs at much reduced capacity and hours since spring, don't really want to bug them too much with payment stuff.

On 30/10/2020 at 16:06, wiskerke said:

(Here at home we're witnessing a project dragging on for two and a half years now, with yes most articles have now been accepted! replies at every cautious request for further information. And you wouldn't expect it, but it's German. - Yours does not by chance have anything to do with legal tech, does it? 😁 )

wim

Thanks Wim, good suggestion. But since it's a pic of the baby Trump balloon, I somehow doubt that it was used in a legal tech context. Although nothing is impossible. 😃

7 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Thanks Wim, good suggestion. But since it's a pic of the baby Trump balloon, I somehow doubt that it was used in a legal tech context. Although nothing is impossible. 😃

Maybe they're saving it for later this week.

You know one of these cases of two speeches: one in the left coat pocket and one on the right hand side. Now which one was the acceptance speech again...🤥 🥂 🍾 🤑

wim

Hi everyone,

Just to confirm, this particular case is still ongoing and our Billing team are working on collecting the payment from the customer. We appreciate it has taken a while, but we are doing everything we can to resolve the issue. 

Thanks,

Elisabeth 

• Thanks 1

• Alamy locked this topic