OOPS-I think QC failed QC!

I think QC failed QC today,LOL :lol:

Take note of the vintage photo of Martin Luther King on the opening page.His black robe is a mess with white dust specks.

The contributing agency should have cleaned it up before submitting.

I have tens of thousands of slides and negs and don't let them out of the gates without a massive clean up.It's a lot of work but no fun to have a submission rejected here or anywhere else.

L

No,it's not dandruff.Few on his face along with a squiggly piece of hair or fiber on his cheek.

With all the millions of great photos here,just think this one is not the best for an opening splash page.

L

Reportage/Archival image

Which is explained to the customer where?

wim

If you zoom the image the preview does say it is reportage/archival. I think it works beautifully for the purpose.

Paulette

Reportage/Archival image

wim

If you zoom the image the preview does say it is reportage/archival. I think it works beautifully for the purpose.

Paulette

Yes, that is how I know it's archival.

Now if I'm a client, how do I know what archival is?

Over-sharpened wire images?

Clippings from old books?

Is that one on the front page legit? Is that really Keystone?

I would have thought they would have the originals.

Interesting differences btw between the Keystone version and the Interfoto version (B412CH) of the same photo.

Interfoto - isn't that the Russian press agency?

wim

It looks like a bad scan from a print where they forgot to clean the glass or dust and fibers off the print.

A new potential customer seeing that could assume all archive material would look like that. An art director in a hurry could quickly move on. :-(

The image from the Russian agency B412CH   looks like a much cleaner scan than they got from the neg or had someone scanning that knew their stuff.

L

Reportage/Archival image

wim

Paulette

I completely agree.  If we get to the point that a 50 year old image of one of the most significant figures of the 20th century fails for a few dust spots and that pristine bowl of fruit passes, things will have gone to hell.  Is Citizan Kane now a bad movie because the picture and sound suck by modern standards?

Archived