How long does it take to be paid?

Alamy's payment system is outlined here in contributor FAQ. Some payments may take longer, or in a very few cases never happen, because the customer fails to pay their bills. For the most part you will see your sale clear after about six weeks and payment to you will occur at the end of the month if your cleared balance exceeds $50.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

This is the answer I got from Alamy when I was asking about image use not reported after 3 months:

"Distributors report their uses over a period of time and can take up to 4 months. If you therefore don’t see this in your sales history 4 months after the use date then pop us another email and we can chase it."

It'll be 4 months tomorrow, still not reported. 🙂

Edited by JaniMarkus Hasa

2 hours ago, JaniMarkus Hasa said:

This is the answer I got from Alamy when I was asking about image use not reported after 3 months:

"Distributors report their uses over a period of time and can take up to 4 months. If you therefore don’t see this in your sales history 4 months after the use date then pop us another email and we can chase it."

It'll be 4 months tomorrow, still not reported. 🙂

Perhaps it will be reported tomorrow!

John.

2 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

anyone else having sales with a quasi public UK news organisation with long turnaround?  i have a March reported sale still not paid, and a June usage not reported.   

it's web use so small amounts so not pushing with Alamy yet , more curious. 

No help on that, but I have just mentioned an uncleared October sale to CR, and got a quick reply saying they're still on the case chasing payments. So maybe give them a couple more months.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marathon Pundit said:

Thanks for your help. As someone who has a regular job I don't understand why Alamy "sells" something but the funds aren't collected right away. Or at all. 

You may get paid at the end of the month, but that doesn't mean your employer does. Welcome to business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marathon Pundit said:

Thanks for your help. As someone who has a regular job I don't understand why Alamy "sells" something but the funds aren't collected right away. Or at all. 

Account customer can pay in 4-6 weeks, many take longer. Some go bust so you and Alamy never get paid. It's a fact of life

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marathon Pundit said:

standard practice for regular customers.  and it standard practice to extend deadline to meet your cash flow 

would you want your house builder to charge you daily for what he has provided? 

• Like 1