Hi friends. I need your opinion

Kamira

Hi

I've been contributing to Stock Agencies since 2008. Back then I made an account at Alamy but I don't know why I never uploaded images here.

Fast forward to 2020 .In July I decided to try Alamy and uploaded some 1500 photos (all RF since they are already for sale at other sites). So far I have a healthy CTR of 0.75 but absolutely no sales. 

Is it normal? Is it worth it to.continue uploading? I know Alamy has fewer sales than other sites but with a much better commission but still...

My portfolio

https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?pl=1&plno=383170

Hi Karel,

You've got some very nice pictures. I've had a quick look at your captions and keywords - they look pretty good. Your CTR is good too. It can often take 3 months for sales to be reported (sometimes longer!). If you started in July, then I wouldn't expect to see any coming through until September at the earliest (except for Personal Use sales which I think get reported straight away). We do make sales here, otherwise we wouldn't bother! Keep going and good luck!

Steve

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Kamira said:

Thanks! I'll keep uploading. I wasn't aware that Alamy does not report all sales immediately.

Alamy does report sales immediately to us, it's just that payment can take, usually, up to 3 months.

If you look at your dashboard and click on 'download sales report' you can change the date range to whatever time period you want, then change 'date paid'  to 'date of invoice' , press 'go' and it will show current sales. This updates in real time so every time you have a sale it will show immediately after you have pressed 'go'.

Beware, this becomes addictive and you will find yourself pressing go many times a day (if you are like me) to see if you have sold anything that day.

John.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stokie said:

Beware, this becomes addictive and you will find yourself pressing go many times a day (if you are like me) to see if you have sold anything that day.

John.

Thanks for clarifying John. Yes it does!

• Love 1

I'm too lazy for that so just look at the Sales History in my dashboard. It probably means I am a day late in learning about them but keeps me more relaxed.

Paulette

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stokie said:

Alamy does report sales immediately to us, it's just that payment can take, usually, up to 3 months.

If you look at your dashboard and click on 'download sales report' you can change the date range to whatever time period you want, then change 'date paid'  to 'date of invoice' , press 'go' and it will show current sales. This updates in real time so every time you have a sale it will show immediately after you have pressed 'go'.

John.

I just did that. Still zero sales ;)

Stokie is right in that you can see sales as soon as Alamy know about them, but many clients take a month or two to report their usages.

But two months is nothing. I waited about 5 for my first and another 6 for my second.

With a varied, well-tagged collection you may get to one sale per month per 1000 images eventually . It took me about 4 years to get to that sort of volume.

• Thanks 1

The pandemic probably has something to do with your lack of sales. The "travel images" category has taken a nosedive. Who knows when sales will pick up again.

Nothing is "normal" these days, which of course doesn't mean that you should stop uploading.

Edited by John Mitchell