Response from Alamy?

Has anyone emailed Alamy and had a response in the last few months?

I know they are working with reduced staff but surely emails can be replied to from someone working at home!

I would be interested to know if are they following up on unreported usages etc at this time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

2 hours ago, Thyrsis said:

Has anyone emailed Alamy and had a response in the last few months?

I know they are working with reduced staff but surely emails can be replied to from someone working at home!

I would be interested to know if are they following up on unreported usages etc at this time.

I have had cause to email them a number of times over the past few months. You have to be v patient, but if the emails need a response, they do tend to get answered eventually. Some have had more luck then others: be prepared to wait a few weeks, if necessary!

12 minutes ago, losdemas said:

I have had cause to email them a number of times over the past few months. You have to be v patient, but if the emails need a response, they do tend to get answered eventually. Some have had more luck then others: be prepared to wait a few weeks, if necessary!

I imagine that the subject of the e-mail affects response times. My question was passed on to "finance", so chances are that it was answered more quickly than if it had been a more general and less urgent (to me, anyway) matter. Patience is definitely a requirement these days.

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

I emailed about an unreported use and received a reply within 24 hours

I sent an in an unreported use form and have heard nothing in over a week.

22 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I may be barking up the wrong tree but I suspect they are also being overrrun with queries from many contributors wishing to migrate from Shutterstock following the decimation of contributor commissions there.

You might be onto something there. ☺️

46 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

I sent an in an unreported use form and have heard nothing in over a week.

Perhaps that was too technical. I simply sent the web link and file number to CR asking whether it had been recorded as a sale, from January. I received a reply saying it looked like a distro and that they would chase it up.