Tags

It's up to you. I usually put the place in my caption and keywords but most of my images are travel related so the place is important. I loved my time in the Pantanal. When you write the caption and tags think about what will bring your image up in a search. What will people be looking for? In my case, with animals, I think they usually want to know where the animal is... is it truly wild, etc. so I put that in.

Paulette

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

Você decide. Normalmente, coloco o lugar na minha legenda e nas palavras-chave, mas a maioria das minhas imagens é relacionada a viagens, portanto o local é importante. Adorei meu tempo no Pantanal. Ao escrever a legenda e as tags, pense no que trará sua imagem em uma pesquisa. O que as pessoas estarão procurando? No meu caso, com os animais, acho que eles geralmente querem saber onde o animal está ... é realmente selvagem etc. etc.

Paulette

Brazil has many things and products that do not exist in other countries and sometimes this creates a certain difficulty in choosing legends and tags, tank You

Jose, John is right. 

You are putting South America as a location. South America is a continent. As a location it is just one step away from saying Earth. You need to be more specific. Like: Manaus, State of Amazonas, Brazil, South America. Everything about captions and tagging is a judgement call. But remember that tags and caps are there to help guide buyers to your images. 

Edo

• Thanks 1

As much as you can, put the common name (in Portuguese and English) and the scientific name for plants and animals. Many people will be searching by those.  Think why and where people would be using photographs.  

You are in a good position to take photographs of plants and animals in natural settings from city parks or your patio to the countryside. 

• Thanks 1

It depends on the subject. A flower or object which can appear literally anywhere in the world? I wouldn't bother usually, or I'd be quite non-specific like just naming the country.

An event that was highly localised and only occurring where you are, or something otherwise specific to that precise location? I'd be putting everything from the street name downwards.

• Thanks 1