I walked over to Bold Street. There is no hint of an alfresco era about to happen. Some of the bistros are doing takeaway is all. Of course it's still early days. If this change happens it won't be until July 4th or 6th. We'll see. I hope it happens.

Personally, I don't trust anything I read on the Internet to be true. 

In my blog, I only comment on things I see. I do not repeat anything I've read on the Internet. 

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1

Restaurants in Vancouver are pretty much open now on a restricted basis. I recently had my first "restaurant experience" since the pandemic began, and I have to admit that I didn't feel very comfortable. The restaurant seemed to be following most of the cleanliness and seating guidelines. However, not all the workers were wearing masks, plus there were a number of loud customers, who were of course not sporting masks and hence "aerosolizing". I think that I'll be sticking to takeout for the foreseeable future. Surprisingly, I haven't really missed going to restaurants that much. I do feel sorry for their owners, though. It's going to be very difficult for them to recover, and many won't survive.

Edited by John Mitchell

40 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Restaurants in Vancouver are pretty much open now on a restricted basis. I recently had my first "restaurant experience" since the pandemic began, and I have to admit that I didn't feel very comfortable. The restaurant seemed to be following most of the cleanliness and seating guidelines. However, not all the workers were wearing masks, plus there were a number of loud customers, who were of course not sporting masks and hence "aerosolizing". I think that I'll be sticking to takeout for the foreseeable future. Surprisingly, I haven't really missed going to restaurants that much. I do feel sorry for their owners, though. It's going to be very difficult for them to recover, and many won't survive.

Totally agree.  Only the tough will survive.  Like you, I have gotten much more used to making most of my meals or doing takeout....don't really miss the inside of the restaurant so much.  Plus I just don't have the cash on hand as much as I used to so I have to be more careful with the budget.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Totally agree.  Only the tough will survive.  Like you, I have gotten much more used to making most of my meals or doing takeout....don't really miss the inside of the restaurant so much.  Plus I just don't have the cash on hand as much as I used to so I have to be more careful with the budget.

Yes, it's easy to get addicted to restaurants and forget how much you can save by eating (and drinking) at home. I have a feeling that a lot of people's dining-out habits will change as a result of the pandemic. This is of course will be bad news for restaurants, and prices will go up accordingly. I've already seen this happening at a couple of fave places.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1