Photos not on sale

Romie Miller

Question

14 answers to this question

On 04/04/2020 at 23:28, Romie Miller said:

I've uploaded a lot of photos that are not on sale even though I think I've gone through the submission process correctly.  Only three are listed for sale.  I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Have you allowed at least 24 hours for the database to update after you've entered a caption and tags?

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

On 05/04/2020 at 07:58, Romie Miller said:

Only three are listed for sale.  I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

Are you sure? We can see 25. Look at the blue number under your avatar on this page.

11 minutes ago, Romie Miller said:

I should have plenty of tags, and full descriptions.  And, it's been over two weeks since I uploaded the photos.  They're accepted, but not on sale.

Hi Romie,

You look to have 25 pictures on sale at the moment. When you say particular pictures are not on sale, on Alamy Image Manager, does it say that the images are on sale? When you select an image, the 'discoverability' bar says whether or not an image is on sale. The thumbnails in the middle of the page also say if the image is on sale or not.

If it says they're on sale, then they should be on sale! If not, you haven't completed the fields properly.

Edited by Steve F

Thanks to everybody answering.  I still have 64 photos that are marked "not on sale", other than the ones that are on sale.  The 64 are parts of series that have several on sale.  I don't know if I need to delete the ones that are not on sale, or what.  They have good descriptions and plenty of key words,  so I don't know why they seem to be accepted, but are not on sale.  The exception is one that is redundant.  It's too much like one that is on sale.  I may have to email Alamy & find out what to do about these.

21 minutes ago, Romie Miller said:

Thanks to everybody answering.  I still have 64 photos that are marked "not on sale", other than the ones that are on sale.  The 64 are parts of series that have several on sale.  I don't know if I need to delete the ones that are not on sale, or what.  They have good descriptions and plenty of key words,  so I don't know why they seem to be accepted, but are not on sale.  The exception is one that is redundant.  It's too much like one that is on sale.  I may have to email Alamy & find out what to do about these.

None of that should matter, series, similar, redundant, if they are accepted, they are accepted.

Make sure all have pseudonym, caption, tags/keywords, license type and image type.

Wait at least overnight.

Just guessing but some data isn't there, or they would be on sale.

Just a thought but you haven’t added keywords as one string as such rather than individual keywords ie “black large dark animal panther” rather than separating them with commas “ black, large, dark, animal, panther” have you? If so they will likely count as one long keyword string rather than five separate keywords:)

40 minutes ago, Romie Miller said:

Hi again:  These photos were uploaded about two weeks ago.  I forgot to mention that before.  They all have my name, caption, and keywords in excess of the minimum.  I do appreciate the answers, though.

Hi Romie, we haven't (yet!) come across the situation with the fields all being filled out correctly on Alamy Image Manager for an image and the image not being on sale after more than 24 hours. Here's the guidance from Alamy:

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/captions-and-keywords-for-images/?section=8

All you need are the caption and 5 or more keywords. Maybe Bionic's suggestion above is the problem (no comma separation between keywords)? Are the 'license type' and 'image type' fields filled in? These would normally be a default setting.

Steve