future of the forum . . .

dustydingo

Question

Just a thought . . . the now-departed James was, I believe, a great supporter of the forum continuing, and maintaining whatever resources were necessary to keep it going.

But he's gone.

I wonder if his replacement will sustain that support as time goes by . . .

DD

5 answers to this question

I should think that the effort and expense required to maintain the forum is far outweighed by the benefits to Alamy in relation to answering queries that would otherwise require paid customer service staff. The forum acts as a great information resource for newbies and old-timers alike. The forum also generates a family feeling  (even the occasional bit of bickering lends authenticity to the family vibe).  As long as we avoid political discussions, which can get rather heated in recent times, there is rarely any need for moderation. How often do newbies comment on how friendly and helpful it is. I would certainly advocate the continuance of the forum and would hope that the new management see the benefits. 

Edited by MDM
  • Love 1
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, MDM said:

I should think that the effort and expense required to maintain the forum is far outweighed by the benefits to Alamy in relation to answering queries that would otherwise require paid customer service staff. The forum acts as a great information resource for newbies and old-timers alike. The forum also generates a family feeling  (even the occasional bit of bickering lends authenticity to the family vibe).  As long as we avoid political discussions, which can get rather heated in recent times, there is rarely any need for moderation. How often do newbies comment on how friendly and helpful it is. I would certainly advocate the continuance of the forum and would hope that the new management see the benefits. 

Well said. +1

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

On 20/02/2020 at 15:44, MDM said:

+1