Unsuitable cameras (again) - My camera has now BECOME unsuitable

I know this has been discussed many times, but does anyone know if cameras that were once suitable for Alamy are now being rejected and what their criteria for automatic rejection as an 'Unsuitable' camera is?

When it first came out, I bought a Lumix GF1 (micro 4/3) - I submitted hundreds of photos to Alamy taken on that camera. I've upgraded several times since then but recently passed it on to my daughter who has taken some decent photos that I suggested she put on Alamy. She excited opened an account and uploaded her samples only for them to be rejected immediately as taken on an 'unsuitable camera'.
I know the guidelines are vague but generally to stop mobile phones and low-end compacts. Their guidelines actually say 'Forget megapixel count' (as a suitability criteria) so even though 12MP is low by today's standards, it appears that is not an issue and obviously the M43 sensor is acceptable.

Any ideas why a camera that was once acceptable is not any more?

As an aside, assuming that I'm not going to get around this, what's the oldest Lumix GF/GX that anyone is still submitting from (I used a GX7 until last year) - it seems like I need to upgrade my daughter's camera before she becomes disheartened.

2 hours ago, Flash68 said:

She excited opened an account and uploaded her samples only for them to be rejected immediately as taken on an 'unsuitable camera'.

As Paulette mentioned, at the beginning of last year two people had their first submissions rejected for exactly the same reason, one with a Ricoh GR and the other with a very up to date Fuji X100F. I think that both turned out to be mistakes with the Alamy system. Hopefully this is an error also, so yes, contact contributors@alamy.com on Monday.

I've uploaded some photos this past year from a GF1 that I took years ago.  Don't crop; make sure it uses the strengths of the camera, and if it doesn't export to a proper size, don't send.  I have 85 up total with that camera.  Shoot raw,  3 by 4 ratio.  Shoot in good light.  Some photos won't export at the right sizes. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies - it does seem like an error with the system, the images have the camera model in the EXIF data and are around 30MB uncompressed. I'll contact them and let you know what they say.

Just to follow up on this. I enquired to Alamy as suggested and they confirmed that the Lumix GF1 had been blacklisted in error. As promised they removed it from the blacklist and my daughter was able to upload her test submission. I've included their response below. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for flagging this with us.

Looks as though the GF1 has been mistakenly added to our Blacklist, we’ll get it removed swiftly.

It’s true that it’s quite old but at the same time it does match the quality of a traditional SLR.

I’ll let you know once it has been removed.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2020 at 12:12, meanderingemu said:

so they still have a blacklist. 

Yes and a stitched panorama from an unsuitable camera will also fail. I discovered that and wanted to pass it on. Even though the image was 80MP, the camera data was enough for a rejection.