Adobe and Safari Are Out to Get Me!

Adobe LR Classic CC is refusing to recognize my files. I tried restarting my MacBook Air 13", but Safari won't quit, so I can't restart.

I can't deal with any of this today, but have any of you got thoughts on what's going on here? 

Thanks, Edo

Have you tried to close it by holding 'Option'+'Command'+'esc' (force quit) at the same time?

If it doesn't work, I would press and hold the power button to turn it off (I suppose if you do that, Safari will open again when you restart. So it is not a solution)?

Sung

Edited by SFL
Added a sentence in blue

• 3 weeks later...

Here I am again. Sorry. I've learned how to force quit Safari and other apps . . . but again I'm having the problem of LR Classic saying 'they don't recognize my files.'

I uninstall LR and then reinstall. It's still not recognizing my file. ??? 

Edited by Ed Rooney

• 2 weeks later...

This may not solve Edo's problem, but, FYI, Capture One has been offering a free version dedicated to specific camera brands, e.g., Fuji, Sony. I opted for the Fuji download and find I prefer it over LR.

53 minutes ago, DDoug said:

This may not solve Edo's problem, but, FYI, Capture One has been offering a free version dedicated to specific camera brands, e.g., Fuji, Sony. I opted for the Fuji download and find I prefer it over LR.

Are you referring to the free "Capture One Express" version for Sony?

I guess so*. I like the Fuji version well enough that I'll spring for the Pro version as soon as some other obligations are out of the way. Other than the dehaze slider, I don't miss much about Lightroom (which I still have). Running comparisons, I prefer the look of Capture One.

*I checked, and yes, it's the Express version. It seems pretty adequate, although I'd still use Lightroom for some things, e.g., panoramas.

Edited by DDoug
clarification

7 hours ago, DDoug said:

I guess so*. I like the Fuji version well enough that I'll spring for the Pro version as soon as some other obligations are out of the way. Other than the dehaze slider, I don't miss much about Lightroom (which I still have). Running comparisons, I prefer the look of Capture One.

*I checked, and yes, it's the Express version. It seems pretty adequate, although I'd still use Lightroom for some things, e.g., panoramas.

Can you tag (keyword) in COE?  I have this on my computer for Sony but cannot find anywhere to add tags to images in it.

Allan

9 hours ago, DDoug said:

Thanks. I checked out Capture One Express for Sony a few years ago and liked the looks of it. Shall download the latest version. I'm currently using an older (and free at the time) version of DxO OpticsPro Elite, which I like, but it would be nice to have an alternative as well. Does the Express version do a good job on noise reduction?

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Can you tag (keyword) in COE?  I have this on my computer for Sony but cannot find anywhere to add tags to images in it.

Allan

Photoshop is always the last stop for me, and I keyword there. However C1 does have the option to keyword using the icon shown below. It appears to have picked up keywords that I used for a similar photo that was keyworded in PS. No idea how it does that.
keyword_C1.jpg

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Does the Express version do a good job on noise reduction?

No idea. I use Neat Image when I need noise reduction. I suppose a little more curiosity wouldn't be a bad thing. I tend to find something I like and stick with it. My reason for trying C1 is that I don't particularly like LR, nor do I like paying 11,89 EUR per month to Adobe.

Edited by DDoug
clarity

10 minutes ago, DDoug said:

No idea. I use Neat Image when I need noise reduction. I suppose a little more curiosity wouldn't be a bad thing. I tend to find something I like and stick with it. My reason for trying C1 is that I don't particularly like LR, nor do I like paying 11,89 EUR per month to Adobe.

Free fits my slim budget well. I also like software with simple interfaces (being somewhat simple myself). I find that DxO does an excellent job on noise, but it does have some shortcomings, which all programs do of course. I too tend to stick with stuff that I like, sometimes for too long...

17 hours ago, DDoug said:

Photoshop is always the last stop for me, and I keyword there. However C1 does have the option to keyword using the icon shown below. It appears to have picked up keywords that I used for a similar photo that was keyworded in PS. No idea how it does that.
keyword_C1.jpg

Thank you DDoug.

Allan

Thank you DDoug.

Allan

Cheers, Allan. I hadn't thought of keywording in C1, but it looks like just going down the list and clicking the appropriate ones might be pretty quick and easy.

3 hours ago, DDoug said:

Cheers, Allan. I hadn't thought of keywording in C1, but it looks like just going down the list and clicking the appropriate ones might be pretty quick and easy.

Yes that looks good but will it also fill in the fields required by Alamy or will we need to move those keywords to the fields ourselves?

Allan

Yes that looks good but will it also fill in the fields required by Alamy or will we need to move those keywords to the fields ourselves?

Allan

I just tried it out, clicked on a few of the keywords and exported the image. Then opened it in Photoshop and couldn't find the keywords in any of the metadata fields.

For me, it seems simpler to continue to keyword in Photoshop and export to the Template folder when I want to use the same keyword set again later.

14 hours ago, DDoug said:

I just tried it out, clicked on a few of the keywords and exported the image. Then opened it in Photoshop and couldn't find the keywords in any of the metadata fields.

For me, it seems simpler to continue to keyword in Photoshop and export to the Template folder when I want to use the same keyword set again later.

Thanks for that information DDoug. It looks like we would need to fill in the IPTC fields ourselves.

Allan