What can be wrong?

yalcins

Helllo :)

I am member of Alamy more than 2 months and i have more than 1400 photos at my page. Until today i have 0 sales, 0 zooms, 570 views. What can be wrong with my photos? I know they are not super good but i think they deserve some zooms at least :)

Your ideas and critics are welcome

https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?&xstx=0&userid={A100895C-C63B-44FF-973D-7649F2E4B22B}&name=Sadik+Yalcin&st=12

Hi Yalcins,

You have some really beautiful photos of Venice but way, way too many similars. Your first page of 100 really needs to be edited down to about 10 in total. "Canals" in keywords but not "canal"

As good as they are, they are never going to be seen. When in Venice you need to photograph the shop owners working, doing something as this is what sells on Alamy.

Again on page 2, too many hot air balloon photos and no "hot" "air" or "balloon" in keywords from what I can see.

Hope this helps

Regards

Paul

You've got a good portfolio. I imagine it is just a matter of time until you get sales.

One thing to watch is having irrelevant key words, which will reduce your rank.

I'd put hot air balloons as one supertag, Alamy list the key words alphabetically so you may have already done it.

Just looked at the first 3 or 4 pages. Nice photos.

Captions  need to be expanded, have correct spelling and be more specific to the photo.  Keywords as well to a lesser extent.

E.g.

RFKKDK - no mention of an artist or painting
RFKKHP - no mention in caption of gondola, gondolier, exact location etc
RFXDPW - "An ordinary day in Cappadocia with ballons, Turkey"  what time of day? what are the other features in the photo? Balloons - not ballons. 
RG05P2 "Ballons and uniqe rocks of Cappadocia. An ordinary morning in Cappadoica" VW Camper van?

I agree with Paul and I think you have too many similars, particularly of buildings. Whether it affects your CTR and ranking, I don't know, but what it does mean is that instead of having 1389 images on sale you have an effective portfolio that is much smaller - maybe the equivalent of say 500 images.

Hope that helps

You need more specific captions.  Which canal in Venice?   Too many similar shots,  so while you have 1400 photos you actually have maybe 400 different subjects. Your photos are good, but there are thousands of generic shots of the canals of Venice and you are in there with the rest of hem.  Remember to shoot stock photos for newspapers which is Alamy's key market.

Very nice portfolio. Your pictures are beautiful. I saw several spelling errors in the keywords. On my opinion there is not necessary to write:  street photography, travel photography etc.   I guess that ‘street’ and ‘travel’ are enough. Then try to find other keywords which describes the scenes. Good luck!

I would echo all that has been said in the previous posts. You also need patience - two months on Alamy is no time at all. Production lead time on some publications is measured in months, it may be many days, weeks or months between your photo being seen by a client and a purchase occurring. You then need to wait even longer to get paid.  If you are in at Alamy you need to be in for the long-haul. If there was ever a time to make quick sales and a quick buck, they  are long past.

I'll echo what others have said.  Most sales on Alamy are for editorial purposes and buyers are often looking for specific images to illustrate a book or article.  Do their research for them.  For example, your Venice shots - though good generic examples - need fuller details of exactly where and what they illustrate.  It may be a place, it may be an event, it may be a feature or a concept so make it easy for buyers by putting those details in both captions and keywords.

Having more variety of images is helpful, as others have said.  For subjects you want to submit, check in AofA to see how often customers search for it, and then see what your competition is in the alamy library.  Only submit your best, and not too many similars.  You may have a lot on a particular subject, but do you have any that stand out compared to the rest already on alamy?  Or that shows some different approach or viewpoint?

Also two months is not a long time to get results.  For example, I just had a first time sale today of an image I uploaded in May 2016 and that was zoomed in April 2018.  So as others have said,  the process from uploading to getting sales (or even zooms) can take some time.

Maria

11 hours ago, John Richmond said:

I'll echo what others have said.  Most sales on Alamy are for editorial purposes and buyers are often looking for specific images to illustrate a book or article.  Do their research for them.  For example, your Venice shots - though good generic examples - need fuller details of exactly where and what they illustrate.  It may be a place, it may be an event, it may be a feature or a concept so make it easy for buyers by putting those details in both captions and keywords.

+1

A case in point; RFKK2G isn't even Venice- it's San Michele in Isola church, with Murano in the background. You don't even have the Rialto bridge captioned so your images won't appear in a search for it.

It's a shame because they're well- executed images taken in good weather with blue skies- perfect brochure material. But they won't even be seen.

Archived