Only two contributors showing up for common search term.

A little strange that when I searched the term 'Alamy Live News' there were 9,840,329 hits (I was looking to see if many people didn't remove the phrase after loading live news pics). The results, certainly after page two were from only two contributors in an alternating fashion for page after page.

4 hours ago, Kathy deWitt said:

search without spaces:  alamylivenews

Do buyers know they should do that? I'd never have thought of searching on a phrase without spaces*

It seems very few buyers know to put a search phrase in quotation marks to keep terms from different keywords or keyword and caption from merging.

*OTOH, I wonder how many buyers search Alamy Live News after the news is no longer live**.

**On the third hand, I guess I should do my own searches to see if omitting spaces on other search phrases improves the search results.

2 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

*OTOH, I wonder how many buyers search Alamy Live News after the news is no longer live**

That's what I was thinking. I remove the credit when images go into stock so that they don't hit as false positives

6 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

*OTOH, I wonder how many buyers search Alamy Live News after the news is no longer live**.

zero.....

since the images are removed from the news feed after 48 hours (ish).....

And buyers arent searching for news anyway...they're being sent it .......

km

Really?? I got marked down for this comment?

...for common search term

I've looked and just one customer has searched that term in the last year, so I don't understand the idea that it's common? They were probably looking for the Live News Feed but in the wrong place!

Strange marking someone down for a comment... so I gave a green to balance it.

I was only searching that term (in general stock not live news) to see if the consensus was to remove the phrase after the image went into general stock and was surprised at the strange results, that's all.

I've downloaded my metadata now and will probably be re-doing all my captions which have the credit at the end.

On 2/8/2019 at 13:12, RedSnapper said:

zero.....

since the images are removed from the news feed after 48 hours (ish).....

And buyers arent searching for news anyway...they're being sent it .......

km

Really?? I got marked down for this comment?

This looked like useful information for heaven's sake. A red arrow? Don't stop your valuable comments, please.

Paulette

Archived