Jump to content

Annoying drop down box in AIM Tag box


Recommended Posts

As title, I have an annoying drop down box which appears every time I click in the Tag box. It has two words in it. They never change and were used some time ago when keywording. They're starting to really bug me. Anyone know how to get rid of them or why they've appeared in the first place? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Sultanapepa,

 

Not sure what you really mean (an image would help), but clearing your browser caches and/or coockies might help. The way depends on the browser that you use.

Do it carefully because you could also delete Historical visit records and another info which you may don't want to loose.

 

Hope it helps.

Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, shearwater said:

Hello Sultanapepa,

 

Not sure what you really mean (an image would help), but clearing your browser caches and/or coockies might help. The way depends on the browser that you use.

Do it carefully because you could also delete Historical visit records and another info which you may don't want to loose.

 

Hope it helps.

Regards

 

AIM > click to Select image > left click in (add new tags) box. I now see a drop down box with previously used keywords which I can click on to add to the box. Like a library of words but with only two that can be selected. Always the same two words. I think it's a gremlin that maybe only affects me. I'm using chrome browser.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

 

AIM > click to Select image > left click in (add new tags) box. I now see a drop down box with previously used keywords which I can click on to add to the box. Like a library of words but with only two that can be selected. Always the same two words. I think it's a gremlin that maybe only affects me. I'm using chrome browser.

I don't get that (PC and Firefox)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, it seems an autofill form feature by chrome. You can use another browser to check it.

I can suggest to follow this links guides:

 

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000553.htm

https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=26487

 

There is much info about that, just google something like this: chrome clear autofill form data delete autocomplete history

 

Hope it helps.

Regards

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, shearwater said:

Yes, it seems an autofill form feature by chrome. You can use another browser to check it.

I can suggest to follow this links guides:

 

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000553.htm

https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=26487

 

There is much info about that, just google something like this: chrome clear autofill form data delete autocomplete history

 

Hope it helps.

Regards

 

 

8 hours ago, Nick Hatton said:

Yes I keep getting the tag " town"

 

I haven't done anything with it yet but I suspect Shearwater is correct and it's an autofill history clearance that's required. I wish I didn't have to clear all history though as I like the function in other respects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

 

 

I haven't done anything with it yet but I suspect Shearwater is correct and it's an autofill history clearance that's required. I wish I didn't have to clear all history though as I like the function in other respects.

Google is your friend: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3145489/browsers/how-to-clear-unwanted-autofill-entries-in-google-chrome.html

 

wim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't seen this in AIM, but I have seen it elsewhere on forms (using Chrome on a Mac).  I can clear the individual entries by highlighting the entry and pressing fn-shift-delete.  Not sure if you are on a Mac or PC, but this might work (or the PC equivalent).  Hope this helps.

 

Clarence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I followed Wim's link best I could but the instructions didn't quite match what I was seeing on my PC. So the problem is gone but my forms auto complete may have gone too. I'll find out the first time I go to fill something in. However, I'm pleased to have got rid of the damn box, it really was starting to bug me. Thanks Wim.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.