Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Allan Bell

CAMBRIDGE meet up of Alamy contributors

Recommended Posts

 

Hi everyone,

 

Just to let you all know, officially, the next Cambridge Alamy Contributors Meeting, (hereinafter called CACM), will be held at 12 Noon on 6th February 2019 in The Wrestlers pub, Newmarket Rd, Cambridge, CB5 8JE. The pub serves up the best Tai food in Cambridge and has both alcoholic and soft beverages but no coffee or tea. The venue opens at 12 noon and closes at 3.00pm. If the discussion is running on we can adjourn to a local coffee house only a short walk away.

 

There is free parking both in the retail park across the road from the venue up to 4 hours, and in the Tesco carpark behind the venue up to 3hrs. BUT please check the notice boards just in case.

 

To anyone who may not have been to Cambridge before the bus lanes are monitored by cameras and if you are caught using them there is a hefty fine.

 

There are now 16 contributors in the group and I will be sending emails to each and everyone early in the New Year as a reminder.

 

Considering all that has been happening in Alamy Towers recently there is likely to be a lot of discussion about the pro’s and con’s of our positions and possible actions that could or may be taken. Should be a lively event.

 

Just to add to the interest Alamy have already mentioned in another thread that they will try to get someone along to listen and talk to us.

 

If you definitely know you can make the meeting please let me know as soon as possible as we may need to book a table should the numbers be great enough.

 

 

Allan     abell@clickcommerce.co.uk     This email is for NONE CACM members.

 

 

 

Edited by Allan Bell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Allan - lots to talk about as always! I will be there

 

Kumar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

A great big BUMP for this thread.

 

Only 5 weeks to the CACG meeting on 6th Feb.

 

Would people who are interested in coming along please contact me as soon as possible, either by way of this thread or by email, so numbers can be sorted and a table reserved if necessary.

 

Full details above.

 

Thank you ,

 

Allan

 

 

Edited by Allan Bell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to be in Cambridge eating that lovely food, however I will be in Thailand on holiday 😀 have a great time together !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ace said:

I would love to be in Cambridge eating that lovely food, however I will be in Thailand on holiday 😀 have a great time together !

 

Sorry we won't see you on the 6th Feb. Hope you have a smashing holiday in Thailand. At least you will get to eat Thai food.:)

 

Allan

 

 

 

1 hour ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Sorry, can't make it this time

 

Thanks for letting us know. Hope you will be able to make it to the next one.

 

Allan

 

So far it is myself, Kumar and MDM who will be there.

 

ITMA

 

Edited by Allan Bell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quick update.  There are now 5 positives for the coming meeting.

 

Keep then coming.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might be able to pop over. I have not been to Cambridge for 50 years, so it is about time. I will confirm when I have booked my tickets.

Rolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

I might be able to pop over. I have not been to Cambridge for 50 years, so it is about time. I will confirm when I have booked my tickets.

Rolf

 

That would be great. It is always nice to see a new face at the meetings.

 

Allan

 

BTW the total now stands at 6 at the meeting and 7 if Rolf manages to come too.

So far I have had 4 members say they cannot make it to this meeting.

Not bad so far considering we have 17 registered/regular members.

 

ITMA

 

 

Edited by Allan Bell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

OK, I'm booked! See you there.

Rolf

 

 Great. You are really welcome and it is a good time to come. Next meeting you might need a visa :D :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/01/2019 at 15:37, Allan Bell said:

 

Sorry we won't see you on the 6th Feb. Hope you have a smashing holiday in Thailand. At least you will get to eat Thai food.:)

 

Allan

 

 

 

 

Thanks for letting us know. Hope you will be able to make it to the next one.

 

Allan

 

So far it is myself, Kumar and MDM who will be there.

 

ITMA

 

thankyou Allan, annual trip for us, lovely country people and food! weather's not to shabby either 😎

 

hope you have a great fun day, really enjoyed the food with you you last time, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

OK, I'm booked! See you there.

Rolf

 

 

That is great news. So we are seven now. Ignore Mick's last remark we have ways to smuggle you in without a visa.:D

 

Lets see if we get another one or two.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDM said:

 Great. You are really welcome and it is a good time to come. Next meeting you might need a visa :D :(

Thank you!

I'm used to the visa-business. In the late 60s I had to go to the Home Office "Aliens" office in Holborn and sit on a bench and get my visa renewed. It is really sad if we have to go down that road again.

Rolf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rolf Adlercreutz said:

Thank you!

I'm used to the visa-business. In the late 60s I had to go to the Home Office "Aliens" office in Holborn and sit on a bench and get my visa renewed. It is really sad if we have to go down that road again.

Rolf

 

 

Yes let's hope that doesn't happen. Perhaps there will be more clarity by the time we meet. Have a good trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Allan,

 

Can you add me to the list for next meeting? 

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, andremichel said:

Hi Allan,

 

Can you add me to the list for next meeting? 

 

Andy

 

Just to be clear, you are referring to the meeting on the 6th February aren't you?  If so I have added you. Thank you for letting me know you are coming.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Just to be clear, you are referring to the meeting on the 6th February aren't you?  If so I have added you. Thank you for letting me know you are coming.

 

Allan

 

 

 

Yes I mean Feb 6th 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, andremichel said:

 

Yes I mean Feb 6th 

 

Thanks.

 

Allan

 

 

There are now EIGHT coming to the meeting.:)    Methinks I will have to book a table soon. We would not like to be left out in the cold would we. No!:blink:

 

ITMA

 

 

 

Edited by Allan Bell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Thanks.

 

Allan

 

 

There are now EIGHT coming to the meeting.:)    Methinks I will have to book a table soon. We would not like to be left out in the cold would we. No!:blink:

 

ITMA

 

 

 

 

One day soon we will have to book the entire pub and shout at each other across the room :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MDM said:

 

One day soon we will have to book the entire pub and shout at each other across the room :)

 

 

:D:D:D

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Final BUMP before I book a table at The Wrestlers for our meeting.

 

If anyone else is interested in joining us please respond by 14th Jan.

 

Allan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for booking us in Allan - you are clearly very good at organising this!

 

Kumar

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doc said:

Thanks for booking us in Allan - you are clearly very good at organising this!

 

Kumar

 

Thanks Kumar. From my record of selling images through alamy it seems this is the only thing I am good at.:D

 

Anyone from Alamy coming????????

 

Allan

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.