Something happened for the first time ever. Yesterday, 11 images passed QC, and I anointed them. This morning, 8 are showing in my port, 3 are missing. They are not searchable. 

Checking them in my dashboard, they are there and showing as approved. 

????

Being Halloween is soon coming, I’m suspicious that ghosts and gremlins are afoot.

Betty

Hi Betty, by anointing do you mean keywording them?   If so perhaps the deadline for updating the system happened in the middle of your keywording.   I've had that happen, where the last few I keyworded didn't make the cutoff the the daily updating.

Maria

3 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Hi Betty, by anointing do you mean keywording them?   If so perhaps the deadline for updating the system happened in the middle of your keywording.   I've had that happen, where the last few I keyworded didn't make the cutoff the the daily updating.

Maria

Maria, it’s possible you are right. It was rather late when I did them.

I thought I’d wait one more update before asking contributor relations to look into it. And yes, I meant prepping the images. Mine are already tagged at upload, but I do select supertags, and fill out the Optional page. 

Incidentally, yesterday an archive upload hadn't appeared after 6 hours so I reuploaded. One then appeared in AIM within minutes (could be the first one of course) so I tagged it, and the second appeared this morning. I deleted the duplicate without tagging, then found that it had already gone on sale, searchable by reference, with no annotation at all, ecxept for the default "SONY DSC" in the caption.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Incidentally, yesterday an archive upload hadn't appeared after 6 hours so I reuploaded. One then appeared in AIM within minutes (could be the first one of course) so I tagged it, and the second appeared this morning. I deleted the duplicate without tagging, then found that it had already gone on sale, searchable by reference, with no annotation at all, ecxept for the default "SONY DSC" in the caption.

:o

On 25/10/2018 at 12:06, spacecadet said:

It disappearred today.

However another "lost" sub from 3 days ago has just popped up in AIM. No real problem except they clutter up AIM because the subs don't go when the images are deleted.

Blame it on Gremlins. How else to explain what’s going on? I picture an entity like the wizard of Oz cackling crazily while perched behind an Alamy curtain, pushing and pulling levers. Trying to drive us mad....and succeeding. :blink:

Betty

Archived