TV Film Production Company Mystery

Does anyone know who 'E-Feat Film Prodn Co' might be?

I had a license for a 'Worldwide' TV usage last month naming this production company in the details, but a Google search using variations of this name produces nothing aside from a similar license by forum contributor, IanButty, which was posted to a password-protected area of his own site.  Ian hasn't posted here in a year, anyway, so not sure if he'll read this.  Anyone else know?

Thanks.

Edited by losdemas

You could try searching thru directories for Film Production Companies, and see if you find anything sounding similar.

Here's a couple....

https://www.productionhub.com/directory/section/production-companies

or

https://www.kftv.com/country/uk

Haystack and needle comes to mind tho :D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gorilla Dave said:

If E-Feat is listed in the sales details I think it might be a generic term rather than an actual production company.

Maybe it stands for 'Educational Feature' or something similar.

Aaaahhh! Of course, that makes total sense. Thank you!

So much for solo searching. Over to Alamy for the TV DACS claim next year, then! 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 23/10/2018 at 00:40, losdemas said:

Does anyone know who 'E-Feat Film Prodn Co' might be?

I had a license for a 'Worldwide' TV usage last month naming this production company in the details, but a Google search using variations of this name produces nothing aside from a similar license by forum contributor, IanButty, which was posted to a password-protected area of his own site.  Ian hasn't posted here in a year, anyway, so not sure if he'll read this.  Anyone else know?

Thanks.

Now here's a strange thing! 

23 December 2020 - over two years since this thread was started.  I have just had a sale with this licence and I was just googling  to find out who "E-Feat Film Prodn Co" company might be and I found this thread - what a strange world - I don't even remember having had a sale with that licence before and I don't remember posting about it on my website either.

12 minutes ago, IanButty said:

23 December 2020 - over two years since this thread was started.  I have just had a sale with this licence and I was just googling  to find out who "E-Feat Film Prodn Co" company might be and I found this thread - what a strange world - I don't even remember having had a sale with that licence before and I don't remember posting about it on my website either.

Probably an abbreviation for Feature.

10 minutes ago, IanButty said:

Strange world indeed!

The Google search I did at the time links to this page: SALE 13 Sep 2018, which happens to be 2 days after the sale I had. So you are none the wiser, either, then?! Would be useful for DACS claims, but not to worry!

23 hours ago, losdemas said:

Strange world indeed!

The Google search I did at the time links to this page: SALE 13 Sep 2018, which happens to be 2 days after the sale I had. So you are none the wiser, either, then?! Would be useful for DACS claims, but not to worry!

I sometimes report my sales to my Academy Members that's the reason for the post - I then talk a little about creating the image.  I've just release the 'security' on that post so you can see it - it won't help much with finding out about the licence.  The only thing I can say is that the sale I got this week with the same licence info was for the same image!

Thanks, Ian. Fascinating!

Well, it seems that your sale was totally unrelated (in subject matter, at least) to mine. Mine was a very mundane shot of a building related to scientific food testing, when the horse-meat scandal hit in the UK.

Plus the timing was different - yours reported in July of that year, mine in September. Like some ancient civilisations, it's likely to remain one of those mysteries which will never (fully) beer resolved, it seems.