Alamy simultaneous uploads?

Has anyone tried having multiple uploads to Alamy occuring at the same time from different browser windows? Is it possible? I seem to remember trying it and it not working but I am curious to know if anyone has managed it, either in the same browser or by using another one at the same time. Hope that makes sense. Might not speed things up much but would mean that you could get on and do other things rather than having to wait for a batch to upload.

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

No idea, but since FTP takes a few seconds per image, I don't see the point.

I should be using FTP but I'm not! Too lazy to set it up. Quite slow if you don't go down the FTP route.

8 minutes ago, Jansos said:

I should be using FTP but I'm not! Too lazy to set it up. Quite slow if you don't go down the FTP route.

Filezilla just works.

Download it, set up the parameters from Alamy (you do need your password- not sure I remember mine!) and off you go. If you've got time to wait for web uploads, you've got time to set up FZ.

Happy to help if needed.

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Filezilla just works.

Download it, set up the parameters from Alamy (you do need your password- not sure I remember mine!) and off you go. If you've got time to wait for web uploads, you've got time to set up FZ.

Happy to help if needed.

spacecadet - Thanks for the offer. You are quite right. Should give FTP a go. Would make life simpler and free-up much needed time! I think you have encouraged me to give it a go. :-)

1 hour ago, Jill Morgan said:

Hi Jill, You are right of course but that only works if you are uploading them from one folder/directory. I like to store them in separate folders prior to upload. :-)

<Do all the images in one upload, then you can go on and do something else.

Jill>

21 minutes ago, Jansos said:

spacecadet - Thanks for the offer. You are quite right. Should give FTP a go. Would make life simpler and free-up much needed time! I think you have encouraged me to give it a go. :-)

Alamy parameters here

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/how-do-i-send-you-my-stock-images/

Plenty of info on the Filezilla site though it it a bit techy.

I'll follow this thread if you want to ask a question, which I will answer if I can remember how I did it!

I've only tried ftp once before and it didn't seem any faster than the web upload.   However, I'm on a much faster broadband speed now so, after reading this thread, I thought I'd give it another go.  Just uploaded 112 files in 18 min 45 secs, 1.29 gb total.

I was using FileZilla which shows a small progress bar against each file and I noticed it was actually transferring two files at the same time.

How long does it usually take for them to show up in IM when using ftp? 

9 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I'd expect faster than that, maybe 3-4 MBps (yours is about 1.3)  but my profile speed is about 60Mbps. Your files are a bit bigger than mine. Yes, it does two in parallel.

About half an hour usually.

Thanks.  You beat me to it but I was just about to say my question was answered - they've just shown up.

On 10/21/2018 at 17:35, spacecadet said:

Alamy parameters here

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/how-do-i-send-you-my-stock-images/

Plenty of info on the Filezilla site though it it a bit techy.

I'll follow this thread if you want to ask a question, which I will answer if I can remember how I did it!

Cheers! :-)

Glad I read this thread. I used FTP here in 2012 (Not via Filezilla) while away from home using a neighbor's internet (with her permission) and it seemed glitchy so I didn't try it again, but since then I've used Filezilla for a client several times to upload several folders at once and it's a breeze. I am so behind here and have hundreds of new images, so I should definitely give it a try again for Alamy. Could get my numbers up significantly.

EDIT: I lied - inadvertently - it's Cyberduck - will see how it works for Alamy and report back. Not this week since I'll be heading to PhotoPlus Expo tomorrow. Look forward to meeting the Alamy team there. Anyone headed there? 

Yes, I will be there. I'd try to hook up with you but I'm going with a friend I seldom see so need to focus on her. Maybe I'll run into you anyway. I met the team last year and it was fun to meet the people who take care of us and are so prompt with returning emails.

Paulette

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

Yes, I will be there. I'd try to hook up with you but I'm going with a friend I seldom see so need to focus on her. Maybe I'll run into you anyway. I met the team last year and it was fun to meet the people who take care of us and are so prompt with returning emails.

Paulette

Paulette, I usually meet up with a friend and get that time with folks we seldom see is precious, so happy to play it by ear. I sent you a note via your website with my contact info if you find time for a quick coffee. Enjoy the Expo. 

Archived