Does quality control affects all batches?

I just started using Alamy, and after passing the test submission I submitted several submissions with about 50 photos in each one. On the first 4 submissions all of the photos were taken with a Nikon D750, but on the last couple there were a few photos mixed in that were shot with an iPhone and a point and shoot that I accidentally submitted. All of the photos were rejected the next day, including the first 4 submissions (that only used Nikon D750). In the email saying that the submissions failed QC, the reason was for a photo using the point and shoot in the third to last submission that the camera was not suitable for Alamy and that the image was too noisy. I agree and did not expect the image to pass, but all of the other submissions, including the ones only using the DSLR, were failed. I know that one submission fails if one photo does not pass QC, but does Alamy reject all of the submissions awaiting QC if one image in one submission fail? Thank you

-Tomek

That’s why I only submit one batch at a time. I wait for it to pass before wasting my time uploading another if the first should fail.

Tomek, you must take care to double check all your images before uploading them. 

That means inspect each at 100% magnification to see if there is noise or dust spots. Check for C/A. Check for sharpness.  Check what camera they came from!!

I’m not trying to be rude but truly offering advice. You are not ready for a professional market unless you take care to know exactly what you are uploading, and that each and every one was carefully inspected, and know what camera they were taken with. 

Your post suggests you made those multiple uploads in a hurry without checking much of anything. I wish you luck with further uploads.

It’s doubtful you will ever succeed sneaking in images taken with the wrong camera embedded with the ones taken with an approved camera. QC are smart!

Betty

What Betty said above - my own process is I select photos for editing - I edit and check for quality at 100% and mark for various purposes.  All those I mark for Alamy are then added to my "Alamy collection" - once I have a fair batch  I bring up my Alamy collection and go through each image again at 100% - and this does result in me rejecting some I had previously selected as fresh eyes show that maybe they weren't quite as pin sharp as I wanted them to be when selecting the first time (or there is CA or I spot a dust spot etc).  I then export the ones that made it and upload.  It means I have checked every image at least twice, with a gap between checks,  at 100 %. So far I have only had one image rejected - and that was an exposure issue on I think my third upload- I thought it looked kind of neat in an arty way but Alamy disagreed - but it did not result in a 10-day upload ban which apparently is what happens normally with rejections.  I think it is easily worth my time to double checking everything to get it right.

Thank you everyone for your answers! Yes, I was in a hurry, but I did check everything- I just did not know that Alamy does not accept images made by point and shoots, as several other stock photography sites accepted those photos. I will now make separate folders for each site and depending on their requirements choose which photos are the best. Thank you for the advice!

-Tomek

On 10/11/2018 at 22:35, Betty LaRue said:

That’s why I only submit one batch at a time. I wait for it to pass before wasting my time uploading another if the first should fail.

Tomek, you must take care to double check all your images before uploading them. 

That means inspect each at 100% magnification to see if there is noise or dust spots. Check for C/A. Check for sharpness.  Check what camera they came from!!

I’m not trying to be rude but truly offering advice. You are not ready for a professional market unless you take care to know exactly what you are uploading, and that each and every one was carefully inspected, and know what camera they were taken with. 

Your post suggests you made those multiple uploads in a hurry without checking much of anything. I wish you luck with further uploads.

It’s doubtful you will ever succeed sneaking in images taken with the wrong camera embedded with the ones taken with an approved camera. QC are smart!

Betty

I agree with Betty normally only one batch and wait for it to clear.

On 12/10/2018 at 19:32, Tomek said:

I just did not know that Alamy does not accept images made by point and shoots, as several other stock photography sites accepted those photos.

-Tomek

That's why Alamy is better than the microstock sites, and why they command much higher fees per image.

Take care what you upload, and good luck!

I am new to Alamy as well, and after 4 successful submissions after the initial 3 test images, I had a submission of 200 images rejected based on "noise" in one image.   I assume that all other images need to be re-uploaded, correct?  I will make smaller uploads, since "noise" is rather subjective, and I will group those difficult images into their own upload. The noise when shooting wildlife at dusk is not the same as shooting in broad daylight or studio flash, even with a D850 Nikon. Ouch.  Crank up the noise reduction and lose detail, or allow the end user to decide how much "noise" is too much?  I can't imagine the grainy Nat Geo images going through this "QC."  I wish there was some objective measure... to know the threshold of acceptability.

Archived