2 hours ago, spiegel said:

This means, that alamy has sent a mail,  whose content is basically meaningless, to all contributors.

Strange. 

It's not meaningless to me. I was able to figure out what it meant and Alamy marked up my images the next day.

10 hours ago, spiegel said:

This means, that alamy has sent a mail,  whose content is basically meaningless, to all contributors.

Strange. 

Market research? Alamy can tell customers that their stock is x% exclusive. Most market research seems pointless taken in isolation but it gives people with flip charts and white boards something to do

14 hours ago, spiegel said:

Strange. 

I didn't get the email, and some others said the same.

It could be, in my case, because I already have my exclusive files indicated as exclusive. (?)

12 hours ago, spacecadet said:

It's not meaningless to me. I was able to figure out what it meant and Alamy marked up my images the next day.

I'm sure spiegel meant meaningless as in 'pointless', not as in 'incomprehensible', which isn't the normal meaning of 'meaningless' anyway. The only point of it at the moment, and in Alamy's announced foreseeable future, is that they know which files aren't being sold elsewhere. But actually, they would still have to contact artists to see if the files have sold before elsewhere if a buyer wanted to know its history. Presumably, they have a better plan for the future: I'd like to imagine so, anyway!

Archived