Personal use

Allan Bell

Hello,

To confirm, images with editorial only restrictions or personal use restrictions are still available to distributors - they are not removed from the pool. 

Distributors do have the option to not include them if they wish, but adding these restrictions does not remove them from distribution.

Many thanks,

Alamy

3 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hello,

To confirm, images with editorial only restrictions or personal use restrictions are still available to distributors - they are not removed from the pool. 

Distributors do have the option to not include them if they wish, but adding these restrictions does not remove them from distribution.

Many thanks,

Alamy

The above contradicts what you told me on 12 Sept. 2018.

Quote from email received from CR:

"Hi Phil,

Personal use isn’t a scheme you can opt out of, it’s a license type that you can restrict. If you apply any restriction, your images can’t be used in the distribution pool.

This isn’t something we plan to change in the near future, but it doesn’t mean that it won’t be changed ever.

Thanks Corin

Alamy Contributor Relations"

Can you confirm what is correct re PU and Distribution please?

Phil

1 hour ago, Phil Crean said:

The above contradicts what you told me on 12 Sept. 2018.

Quote from email received from CR:

"Hi Phil,

Personal use isn’t a scheme you can opt out of, it’s a license type that you can restrict. If you apply any restriction, your images can’t be used in the distribution pool.

This isn’t something we plan to change in the near future, but it doesn’t mean that it won’t be changed ever.

Thanks Corin

Alamy Contributor Relations"

Can you confirm what is correct re PU and Distribution please?

Phil

It's as we've confirmed in this thread Phil - we've been working on solving this for a while and the information you got on the 12th was correct at the time. 

Thanks

Alamy

2 minutes ago, Alamy said:

It's as we've confirmed in this thread Phil - we've been working on solving this for a while and the information you got on the 12th was correct at the time. 

Thanks

Alamy

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Phil

Would have been good if Alamy had told us of this fundamental change!

I based my post on  specific information given to me by contributor services.

‘Restricting your images will remove them from the distribution pool.

Thanks,
Shelley’

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

Is this regarding the setting per image to opt out of PU?

I only noticed this recently, and was meaning to ask - so this overrides the April opt-out for PU?

The April opt-out is for NU (Novel Use) not PU.

Archived