Hi Paul, yes, you can upload slides, in the end it's purely a quality control issue. Make sure they are over 17mb uncompressed, sharp and utterly spotless and you'll be fine.

If they're of archival interest, there is an Alamy route designed for that purpose, just apply to Contibutor Relations for more detail.

1 hour ago, Paul Mayall said:

Hi Marb, i would have to say any spots and marks would fail QC, you have nearly 2000 images with Alamy therefore you know what Alamy standards are in regard to clean images.

I haven't had (much to my surprise) any images rejected here so far so not really familiar with Q.C.

17 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Most of the images I have online with Alamy are scans from 35mm chromes, but I have

not turned on one of my Canon 4000 scanners in years.  I do not miss the endless hours

sitting and spotting scans.

Chuck

I feel the same as you re scanning. Have a large collection of 35mm B&W shot while using the darkroom. Have separated some to scan 'when I get time', which never happens. Also lots of E6 in strips of 6, shot when using my first 35mm optical scanner, a Polaroid Sprintscan 35, then later a Minolta Dimage 5400. Scanning was soul destroying, the Dimage 5400 hasn't been turned on for around 10 years. I won't even go into 6x6 and 5x4. Unless the film was very special and unique, I wouldn't consider scanning now.

Steve

1 hour ago, Richard Baker said:

I still use Freelance Images for my film scan batches, and have done so for 10 years. They come back as 50mb tiffs, cleaned, spotted and polished. Never had a failure. It also saves me losing sleep ..

Richard.

Hmmm! If I was doing that for stock it would cost me £375 for 100 35mm negs.

I'm afraid at todays licensing prices per image I would not recover my costs.

Allan

15 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Hmmm! If I was doing that for stock it would cost me £375 for 100 35mm negs.

I'm afraid at todays licensing prices per image I would not recover my costs.

Allan

I understand, Alan. I've found however, that over the years a couple of sales covers those costs - and sometimes many times over. I do two batches of a several hundred a year which brings down the unit cost. That said, I also don't just sell on Alamy.

Richard.

I would NEVER send out original chromes.  If I pull a chrome or a neg it is because

the person or setting is in the news.  If I feel there is a market (news) I would get out

the scanner, the old LENOVO T-62, PEC-12 (for chrome cleaning) and do it.  On a good

day with a not to dirty chrome it would take me 1/2 a day to finish an image at 5700 by.

Chuck

Archived