Unless this is a tongue-in-cheek post, I'll have to disappoint you Graham.  Alamy stopped displaying the list of other logged-in users a few weeks ago when the new data protection regulations came in. The logged in forum user can only ever see their own name now, even when many more are lurking in the background.

AH - 

13 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Unless this is a tongue-in-cheek post, I'll have to disappoint you Graham.  Alamy stopped displaying the list of other logged-in users a few weeks ago when the new data protection regulations came in. The logged in forum user can only ever see their own name now, even when many more are lurking in the background.

Ah - that makes me feel better.  Its pouring with rain here in West Yorkshire so I'm using that as an excuse to "work' indoors...

What I actually came onto the forum to ask was this - I've only just noticed that when I click on a sold image I can now 'Choose another rights managed license' which allows me to put in the licence details that the sold image was licensed for and gives me the price.  My latest sold image comes out at £165 according to this, but was actually sold for $21.02.  I know the big media buyers get a discount - but that is pretty steep do't you think? 

G

2 hours ago, Graham Hardy said:

What I actually came onto the forum to ask was this - I've only just noticed that when I click on a sold image I can now 'Choose another rights managed license' which allows me to put in the license details that the sold image was licensed for and gives me the price.  My latest sold image comes out at £165 according to this, but was actually sold for $21.02.  I know the big media buyers get a discount - but that is pretty steep don't you think? 

G

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Is that something which has slipped under Alamy's radar and should not be there in the first place?

Allan

I think that Graham is just referring to the regular Alamy price calculator, Alan, where he has entered the license details to generate the price.

I don't know if or when that was ever used, Graham.

15 minutes ago, losdemas said:

I think that Graham is just referring to the regular Alamy price calculator, Alan, where he has entered the license details to generate the price.

I don't know if or when that was ever used, Graham.

Ahh! Got it now.

Allan

5 minutes ago, losdemas said:

You'd pay more than you had to?  You're my type of customer!

And mine.:D If I had any.:angry:

Allan

3 hours ago, Graham Hardy said:

Wow - I'm the only person online!  Ya'll must be out taking photos...

Feeling more wanted now Graham?

Allan

4 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

And mine.:D If I had any.:angry:

Allan

Sad to say, I think that I've been put in your team (no offence! ;):lol:): no sales for coming up to two months now! roll on #septembersales!

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

Sad to say, I think that I've been put in your team (no offence! ;):lol:): no sales for coming up to two months now! roll on #septembersales!

It is nice to have some company but as you say "Roll on the sales".

We may have end of August sales yet.

Allan

52 minutes ago, Graham Hardy said:

Another odd thing - going by the price calculator it looks like the price per image for a National newspaper is less than that for a local or free paper.  Counter-intuitive?

National news has more clout than locals when negotiating prices.

Allan

1 hour ago, Graham Hardy said:

If I was a customer and there was an online price checker why wouldn't I use it?  

You'd be well aware that the results bore little relation to contemporary stock licensing pricing.  You might possibly use it as a starting guide, but only as much as you would when bartering in an Asian street market.

1 hour ago, Graham Hardy said:

Another odd thing - going by the price calculator it looks like the price per image for a National newspaper is less than that for a local or free paper.  Counter-intuitive?

That's the giveaway that it's not correct, as local press expect freebies, have done for some time.

3 hours ago, losdemas said:

I misinterpreted that and was about to ask, "What September Sales?" (meaning like 'January Sales' in the outside world).

In reply to the OP, I'm like Martin, if I'm ''at home' and have the computer on, this forum is open in a tab and I dip in and out.

On 8/26/2018 at 18:00, losdemas said:

You'd be well aware that the results bore little relation to contemporary stock licensing pricing.  You might possibly use it as a starting guide, but only as much as you would when bartering in an Asian street market.

That's pretty good bartering - $214 as advertised, down to $21.  Hey ho.  Watcha gonna do?

Archived