Selling in other websites

So my question is, can I sell photos in Alamy and also in other websites of my choosing, or the photos in Alamy can only be sold here? 

The reason why I ask this is because I'd like to sell my photos in as many websites as possible, so I have better chances of selling something, and I don't want to have any legal problems with Alamy. 

If you read Alamy's terms and conditions you will see they are non-exclusive, so you are free to sell your images as you please.

Allan

If you read Alamy's terms and conditions you will see they are non-exclusive, so you are free to sell your images as you please.

But you have to keep the same license type, correct?  Meaning, if it's Rights Managed or Royalty Free on Alamy, it has to maintain same license type with other stock agencies, I'm I right on that?

1 minute ago, funkyworm said:

Yes you can...

But... it may pay to take regard of pricing policies.

There is some discussion in how much it happens, but for the more global sites it is believed that many customers compare to find the cheapest. You may want to try and avoid undercutting yourself with your own images.

Very nicely put!

Mark

48 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Evidence?

I have some evidence. I have now overtaken my port size on my 'other place', haven't uploaded there for over two years, and I'm still earning more there than here. It's not conclusive, scientific proof as it's a different port in both places*, but I think there's a 'strong indication' at least, that brasilnut has a valid point.

*but if the port were identical, you could with at least some justification, point out that I was underselling myself elsewhere, though it's not necessarily that simple.

19 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I have some evidence. I have now overtaken my port size on my 'other place', haven't uploaded there for over two years, and I'm still earning more there than here. It's not conclusive, scientific proof as it's a different port in both places*, but I think there's a 'strong indication' at least, that brasilnut has a valid point.

*but if the port were identical, you could with at least some justification, point out that I was underselling myself elsewhere, though it's not necessarily that simple.

I'm not with the other place, nor do I really want to be because I like this place much better. However, what I'm seeing in Canada is that publications are now going to the other place almost exclusively (if you don't count micros, of course) for editorial images, which is a real pity. The problem with just staying here is that sales volume is not increasing enough to compensate for the lower prices. It's a quandary...

4 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm not with the other place, nor do I really want to be because I like this place much better. However, what I'm seeing in Canada is that publications are now going to the other place almost exclusively (if you don't count micros, of course) for editorial images, which is a real pity. The problem with just staying here is that sales volume is not increasing enough to compensate for the lower prices. It's a quandary...

I assure you, I'm not recommending the other place, just stating my truth.

6 hours ago, funkyworm said:

Other places other than the other place are available. In other places.

Having said which, if the Dutch market at the moment is anything to go by. The other places other than the other place which are available in other places this week may disappear by next week as the other places other than the other place in other places are taken over by other places in other places making the other place the same place. In other places. Or not. 

Confused? Yep.

After the feeding frenzy is over, it could end up being just One Big Place. :lol:

Archived