Swimmer on the search page can't be searched...

I was curious to see the entire image of the swimmer and I came up with no results using the reference number. Then I tried some keywords and finally went into the advanced search for the contributor. No results. Very odd.

Paulette

Curiouser and curiouser. When I hover I get this as the reference number-- D3P15P and that is the number on the image if I follow your link. However if I go back and search that number I get nothing. So peculiar.

Paulette

I decided maybe I had a filter on without realizing it so I put a filter on and and then clicked "clear all filters". So I have no filters on and still can't search that number or the contributor's pseudonym in advanced search. Am I the only one?

Paulette

Paulette this has happened to me a couple of times recently. Once, I was using net review to check on sales and a new sale had appeared. As you can't tell at that point what the image is and being curious, I copied and pasted the Alamy reference number into the main search and strangely the system showed there was no image with that reference number. Thinking it may be because it was a cut and paste job, I tried manually inserting it and still no image. I tried all the usual things, logged out and in again, double checked the number one was a 1 and not a capital 'I' - all to no avail. As my enthusiasm wained, I eventually gave up and waited until the following day for it to appear in images sold. Out of curiosity I tried again the following day and the image appeared! I just put it down to a temporary glitch!!

Meant to add - I searched for this with the number and no problems.

Lynne

Thanks for the responses. At least my curiosity has been satisfied about the full image. I'm still curious about why I can't see this contributor's images.

Paulette

Hi Paulette, it's due to the fact that this image is not available for licensing in your territory.

Cheers

James A

Alamy

http://tinyurl.com/o8j2l68

Paulette, it's the Deutsche Presse Alliance. I can't search these in Germany either (search keywords or image #ids). With the link from incamerastock (http://bit.ly/15LPLWq) I can see the image (then find the ageny collection), however, I cannot select Germany as a license territory in their images (as expected).

James, one question. I understand the DPA situation, wanting to restrict buyer territories as well as use territories. The restrictions photographers can set only limits the territory of image use, and NOT the location of the buyer, right?

Thanks,

Mark

James, one question. I understand the DPA situation, wanting to restrict buyer territories as well as use territories. The restrictions photographers can set only limits the territory of image use, and NOT the location of the buyer, right?

Yep, that's right.

We do have the ability to hide large collections of images that have blanket territorial restrictions, in order to reduce confusion or conflicts with buyers in those territories. This is done away from the front end of the site though, by us, for large collections only.

Yep, that's right.

We do have the ability to hide large collections of images that have blanket territorial restrictions, in order to reduce confusion or conflicts with buyers in those territories. This is done away from the front end of the site though, by us, for large collections only.

Thanks! All clear.

Archived