Hi from Wiltshire

Starsphinx

Just a quick hello from another serious amateur/pretend professional joining the Alamy ranks.

My prime camera is a D7200 and I am usually using a sigma 70 - 300 mm.  I have accidentally landed into doing mostly football shots  (few if any will be coming on here) but also enjoy nature, events, and news if I find out about it in time.

My first 3 shots were accepted OK.

I tend to have opinions on things.

Oh, and I am female.

22 hours ago, Jay D said:

Going by your penultimate sentence we guessed the last one 😉 

welcome

Jay

Lol - you would be surprised how often online people miss the last one and it results in all sorts of confusion.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, davidd said:

Hi Starsphinx, you're not a million miles from me, I'm in Westbury! How are you finding things? 

Cool so far - I confess I was pleasantly surprised I made QC as it was confirmation that my technique was OK.  I now plan on building up a slow portfolio on here in between doing the other stuff I do in the hope I can generate a trickle income.

How about you - been here long and how do you find it?

Hi Starsphinx

Welcome to Alamy and good luck! 

One small point - I wonder if some of your more recent images look a bit underexposed or lacking in contrast? - 

Kind regards

Kumar

On 11/07/2018 at 17:36, Doc said:

Hi Starsphinx

Welcome to Alamy and good luck! 

One small point - I wonder if some of your more recent images look a bit underexposed or lacking in contrast? - 

Kind regards

Kumar

I am still learning lightroom - it seems to happen when I have the camera set to one stop down where I am worried about blowing hightlights.  Lightroom seems to read this as meaning I want the image dark.    I am playing around with settings slowly trying not to go too far the other way

It is usually advisable to have your exposure as high as possible without blowing highlights. Using the histogram on your camera can help with that. If you can set the preview on the back of your camera to show "blinkies" you can expose on the high side as long as only a wee bit is overexposed and therefore blinking. In Lightroom you should also use the histogram and move the whites and blacks sliders to get the histogram to go all the way across without setting off the clipping signs at the top right and left.

Paulette

A slightly belated welcome from another newcomer :)

Was watching the intro threads for several months before I signed up - goodness there were some 'interesting' characters that popped in and then popped out again! :D

Anyway, saw your intro and thought I'd sign up too, and just like that (a week or so later) I did!

It's good here isn't it? :D

Best of luck 

Gareth

Archived