Car ID

Sally

I have to confess to knowing almost nothing about cars.  I have worked out that this is a Ferrari (parked illegally on a double yellow line BTW) but what model is it?

royal-mile-edinburgh-16th-may-2018-touri

2 hours ago, Sally said:

I have to confess to knowing almost nothing about cars.  I have worked out that this is a Ferrari (parked illegally on a double yellow line BTW) but what model is it?

royal-mile-edinburgh-16th-may-2018-touri

I want to say a 488GTB

3 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

Looks pretty 488GTB-ish

https://www.drivek.co.uk/ferrari/488-gtb/

Normally cars don't interest me, but for this one I could make an exception.

It was certainly attracting a lot of interest from people passing by. No one could do so without either having a good look inside, taking a photo (including me) or a selfie.

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Parked on double yellow lines. Probably belongs to the Chief Constable.:)

Allan

Actually, though you can’t see the yellow lines in that photo, what is the position about uploading a photo that shows a parking offence, or indeed any other kind of offence?

30 minutes ago, Sally said:

Actually, though you can’t see the yellow lines in that photo, what is the position about uploading a photo that shows a parking offence, or indeed any other kind of offence?

I would probably pixelate the number plate in that case, if visible, which I don't otherwise. But there's no problem with depicting an alleged offence not involving a person- after all, being parked on a yellow line is a matter of fact, but there may be a defence. Anyway, you're not alleging a particular person committed the offence, and you can't defame property.

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I would probably pixelate the number plate in that case, if visible, which I don't otherwise. But there's no problem with depicting an alleged offence not involving a person- after all, being parked on a yellow line is a matter of fact, but there may be a defence. Anyway, you're not alleging a particular person committed the offence, and you can't defame property.

Cheers.  I have another photo with the number plate clearly visible which I didnt upload so I might try the pixelation idea, if I can work out how to do it.

9 hours ago, Sally said:

Cheers.  I have another photo with the number plate clearly visible which I didnt upload so I might try the pixelation idea, if I can work out how to do it.

As Colin says there are plenty on here with number plate and all. Having said I'd do it, I think I've changed my mind. Detectable retouching can get you a QC fail, but you could airbrush it out in the background colour, or superimpose a white or yellow rectangle.

Archived