Come to Austria. They made it illegal to send unsolicited emails from companies. Except... They can still send spam by post - we get a LOT of paper!

Ermmm, doesn't your email provider filter out spam?

It isn't me doing the spamming. Although something is wrong and I can send emails but they don't arrive, not even a test image to my own address.:angry:

Am still receiving from others though.:)

If you send me an email and don't receive a reply you will know why.;)

Allan

11 hours ago, CMEckert said:

Anyone else in the US seeing an incredible rise in spam ( like from an average of 2/day to 15-18)...mostly from the UK? Makes me wonder.

I'd be  quite surprised if it actually came from the UK as it's just about impossible to spam legally in, or from, the EU.

Most of my actual spam is from the US or Russia. I don't see it of course- Gmail is quite fierce.

Most of my email seems to be from the US, a lot from the gun lobby and something like keta recently.

Unfortunately, my spam filters (over 200 at the last count) now catch too many false positives, even emails from Alamy, so I have to treat my spam folder like my infolder and check it regularly.

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Most of my email seems to be from the US, a lot from the gun lobby and something like keta recently.

Unfortunately, my spam filters (over 200 at the last count) now catch too many false positives, even emails from Alamy, so I have to treat my spam folder like my infolder and check it regularly.

Yes, I too check my spam folder daily, it seems that every few days, a good email gets caught in it.

Archived