August Challenge Shortlist.

AndyMelbourne

August Challenge Finalists  

41 members have voted

1. 1. August Challenge Final.

• BMM8P7: Couple on bench by Bryan.
    • A2JH6Y: Turks and Caicos by Michael Ventura.
    • D30321: Koala by Ray
    • BGNGGA: Swimming Bear by Arterra
    • DA5KHB: Girl in London by Phil Robinson.
    • DCWN50: Massage Stones by Lynne.
    • D2X4CX: Holiday Reading by Ann M.
    • C244XB: Comfortable Rock by NYCat

After a short delay it is now time to vote. I have drawn up the shortlist from what I feel is relevent to the subject and contains some photographic merit.

For the grand prize of nothing more than some limited fame it would be nice to refrain from voting for yourselves, it's just not cricket! Good Luck.

Andy

BMM8P7.jpg

A2JH6Y.jpgD30321.jpg

BGNGGA.jpg

DA5KHB.jpg

DCWN50.jpg

D2X4CX.jpg

C244XB.jpg

I can't tell because I'm not supposed to vote for myself. Maybe it's "the American way" but I thought it was pretty standard to do that. The only problem is it takes away the fun of deciding who to vote for. Oh well. I guess it's your contest this time so I'll look over the other ones and decide. Thanks for including me. It's an honor.

Paulette

PS. I'm having problems. I can't find the image of the second one you list and they are not all in order I think.

No problem Paulette, if you believe that your photo is the best then vote for it, I only said refrain.

Andy

Oh dear. I have voted for myself even when I thought someone else did the better photo. I must ponder this. How long to I have? When is the deadline for voting? .....And people will be able to see what I have decided. I long for a secret ballot..... (I do have a lot of fun with these contests.)

Paulette

Lovely shortlist, with 2 tied for me, one capture being more esthetic, the other more unique.

With appreciation of all the work done to set up shortlists & polls for voting, I, like Paulette, would prefer secret votes.

Since each specific member's vote FOR one image is, unavoidably, a vote NOT FOR 7 other fellow members' images, it's info I'd prefer not sharing publicly.

With appreciation of all the work done to set up shortlists & polls for voting, I, like Paulette, would prefer secret votes.

Since each specific member's vote FOR one image is, unavoidably, a vote NOT FOR 7 other fellow members' images, it's info I'd prefer not sharing publicly.

I can't see who's voted for what, only my own vote!

I never really gave it any thought, I was merely continuing with the previous months system. Perhaps it may be a factor as to why there are so few entries each month.

As it's already done for this month perhaps the winner could change it if so required. Personally I have no problem with it being public.

The poll will finish on Sunday night with the winner announced monday morning when I fall out of bed.

Andy

Thanks to Phil Crean's info related to my post, I voted -- so now I see that the # of votes each entry received is public, not the names of who cast the votes, so that's great, Andy!

I never really gave it any thought, I was merely continuing with the previous months system. Perhaps it may be a factor as to why there are so few entries each month.

As it's already done for this month perhaps the winner could change it if so required. Personally I have no problem with it being public.

The poll will finish on Sunday night with the winner announced monday morning when I fall out of bed.

Andy

Phil, there is a choice below the list that gives the option of seeing results and if you click the "view" after the voting result it shows who did the voting. I guess I am giving away the secret to the not-secret ballot but I discovered it by accident during the last poll when I thought that clicking "view" would show the image. The last poll was kind of mixed in terms of being able to see the identity of the voters. Anyway, it is all fun except that I gather that setting up the poll is complicated so maybe best not to win!

Paulette

Also well pleased to be amongst finalists, but the lady on the right of my photo is not a man! Should read "Couple on bench."

Sorry about that....I realised after the post and thought I may get away with it. Love the photo.

Sorted.

Archived