People in an image

I have a few 'beach' images that have people in them but the people are that small they are unrecognisable. When filling in the Attributes 'How many people are in the image' is it OK to put say more than 4 but then select 'No' for 'Do I have a model release'?

I have a few 'beach' images that have people in them but the people are that small they are unrecognisable. When filling in the Attributes 'How many people are in the image' is it OK to put say more than 4 but then select 'No' for 'Do I have a model release'?

Yes, that's exactly what you must do.

Tiny people, parts of people, and silhouettes count as people on Alamy.

Have a look at: http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/image-releases.asp - and scroll down to "Summary".

Don't let you fool by the words "recognisable" and "identifiable". Alamy interprets these words differently and much more strictly than f.inst. micro stock sites do, which provides the photographer with some sort of safety, I think.

In terms of the people on the beach it doesn't matter that they are so small they cannot be identified, they still have to be counted and put in the Attributes for number of people.

in terms of a silhouette, that is more difficult - strictly speaking a silhouette isn't a person, but could someone whose silhouette is in an image which is then used for commercial purposes argue that they are in it and demand compensation/a cut of the profits? (which is the point about people numbers and model releases in an image)

I would be interested to hear what others think and do! 

Kumar

A tiny tiny person or silhouette count as PEOPLE as far as  Alamy are concerned. A judge in a compensation suit would probably take a different view, but I would prefer to avoid the hassle and so would Alamy it seems. It would be the publisher who would be in the front line but the ball would keep bouncing.

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new on Alamy and was wondering, this has something to do with the model release topic...I've been trying to upload a model release and it keeps making multiple attempts but keep getting a message saying 'Failed to connect to Alamy'.  Am I doing something wrong or is this something that happens on occasion?  thanks

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new on Alamy and was wondering, this has something to do with the model release topic...I've been trying to upload a model release and it keeps making multiple attempts but keep getting a message saying 'Failed to connect to Alamy'.  Am I doing something wrong or is this something that happens on occasion?  thanks

If you don't have this problem with other uploads my only suggestion is a wrong format or size of the model release document. (PDF or JPG and not larger than necessary). But only a guess.

It is my understanding (correct or no) that besides the issues of model releases that photo buyers want to know if it is an image with or without people. This might be a shortcut way to discern if an image has what is being sought. It is also my understanding that images with people sell more often than ones without-- more lifestyle related. I wonder if that is really true.

Best

Sharon

Archived