I notice on the images sold March thread an image with vintage retro filter, (very instagrammy) but not a number from the 'S......o' type of images. I always thought we could not put filters like that. Has that changed or was it never the case and I misunderstood? 

I've used a vintage style filter quite a number of times now, having taken the original photograph with a Fuji x100. No problems with QC.

Great way to make a boring image have a bit more visual impact.

.... this was used to illustrate a story about stalkers.

man-walking-through-an-underpass-birming

Man walking through an underpass, Birmingham, UK.

Wow, thanks everyone. Either I completely misunderstood (way back when I read the rules ;) ) or I missed a change along the way. That will teach me to keep having long breaks in uploading. Have a good weekend everyone and stay warm and dry whereever you are. 

I emailed CR and this is what they said 

Quote:-

You can add filters to images going in the main collection but they still need to meet our technical requirements.

We usually don’t recommend adding certain filters to images as it gives customers less scope to do what they want with the images. If you leave images natural, customers can then add a filter if they want to.

-end quote

I am most surprised about the scratchy type filter as in the one I originally mentioned, but hey, live and learn.

53 minutes ago, george said:

I emailed CR and this is what they said 

Quote:-

You can add filters to images going in the main collection but they still need to meet our technical requirements.

We usually don’t recommend adding certain filters to images as it gives customers less scope to do what they want with the images. If you leave images natural, customers can then add a filter if they want to.

-end quote

I am most surprised about the scratchy type filter as in the one I originally mentioned, but hey, live and learn.

I think only very very few clients are altering images.

An easy way to accommodate CR would be to upload both the manipulated image and the original.

wim

Archived